the entire directory
only in Dogs/Conditions_and_Diseases
Conditions and Diseases
Hip and Elbow Dysplasia
von Willebrand Disease
Health: Animal: Conditions and Diseases
Health: Animal: Veterinary Medicine
Recreation: Pets: Loss
Adamas Dobermans- Angel and her PRAA
- An owner's experience with Persistent Right Aortic Arch in canines. A site to help dog breeders with this rare congenital condition make an educated decision.
Allergy Dog Central
- Dog allergy symptoms, causes and treatments.
Alternative Heartworm Cure
- Provides information on heartworms in dogs and cats and advocates an alternative, natural remedy.
Ben the Dog and his Spinal Injury
- Provides information on the causes and symptoms of spinal injury and relates how Ben was affected and the steps to his recovery.
- Site set up by the owner of a golden retriever that died from this fungal infection. Includes information on the disease in humans and in dogs, a case database, forum and chat room.
Brucellosis in Dogs
- Provides information on the canine form of this venereal disease, the risk to human health, the course of the disease in dogs, prevention, testing and treatment.
- Provides information for owners of canine amputees and people facing the decision of whether to amputate. Includes news, advice, photographs and stories of various three legged dogs.
Canine Aural Hematoma
- Provides information on this condition where bleeding occurs inside an ear flap, its causes and treatment.
Canine Epileptoid Cramping Syndrome
- Known as Spike's Disease, previously thought to be epilepsy and occurring in Border Terriers. Information about diagnosis, symptom control and the role of diet, as well as photographs and videos.
Canine Genetic Diseases Network
- Information on projects searching for genetic mutations that cause disease and suffering in canines, and resources for those concerned with canine diseases.
Canine Intervertebral Disk Disease
- Includes information about the physiology, causes, and treatments of this disease that primarily effects dachshunds.
- Provides information on the causes of congenital and idiopathic canine megaesophagus, the clinical signs, risk factors and accompanying disorders, with lots of personal observations by owners.
Canine Perianal Furunculosis
- Provides information on this chronic, progressive disease affecting the tissues surrounding the anus of the dog, particularly common in German Shepherd Dogs.
Canine Syringomyelia Support Group
- A support group and educational media for people affected by Syringomyelia in their dogs. For pet owners, breeders and veterinarians.
- Personal account about a dog with exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) and the treatment it is undergoing.
Dalmatians Urinary Stone Disease
- Carroll H. Weiss provides scientific information on the breed-specific defect that causes some dogs to produce insoluble urates which cause stones that prevent the flow of urine. [PDF]
Dog Food Allergies
- Provides information on food-related allergies, symptoms, treatments, suitable diets and real-life experiences.
Dog Paw Licking
- An informational site on the causes and treatments for this behavior and the underlying skin conditions.
Dogs with Disabilities
- Provides information for owners of disabled dogs including nursing care, mobility and emotional support.
- Provides an overview of FCE and information on the typical patient and possible therapies.
Genetic Disease in Schipperkes
- Information on the breed related genetic disease called MPS111B.
- Illustrated article on this condition caused by an insufficient level of thyroid hormone in the blood.
Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Information on this condition which disrupts the bowel’s function, its causes, diagnosis and treatment.
Inherited Diseases in Dogs
- A guide to diseases and conditions of pure bred dogs which are likely to be transmitted wholly or partly through a genetic mechanism. From the University of Cambridge Veterinary School.
- Provides information on the serious and sometimes fatal disease caused by a portosystemic shunt or blood vessel remaining open as a dog grows and compromising liver function.
Mitral Valve Disease and the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
- Detailed information about MVD.
Non-surgical Options for Managing Your Dog's Arthritis
- Article by Andrea Lin.
OCD: Osteochondritis Dissecans
- Overview of the condition, its causes and cure, with detailed photographs showing surgery in progress.
Perianal Fistulas in Canines
- Provides information and support for owners of dogs that have perianal fistulas or anal furunculosis.
- Article on this uncommon disease that primarily affects golden retrievers, dachshunds and Gordon setters, its causes and treatment.
Robbie's Pet Health Pages
- Learn about canine vaccinations and the diseases they prevent, parasites, and home remedies for your dog.
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Provides information on this autoimmune disease, its symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
- Article covering incontinence problems in dogs including causes, medical, surgical and other treatments, and when all else fails, diapers.
- Illustrated article providing information on these worms and their life cycle, and how heavy infestations can cause symptoms that mimic Addison's Disease.
Yahoo! Groups: canineliver-d
- Message board for owners of dogs with some type of liver disease.
Conditions and Diseases
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 30, 2014 at 10:54:09 UTC -