the entire directory
only in Dogs/Conditions_and_Diseases
Conditions and Diseases
Hip and Elbow Dysplasia
von Willebrand Disease
Health: Animal: Conditions and Diseases
Health: Animal: Veterinary Medicine
Recreation: Pets: Loss
Allergy Dog Central
- Dog allergy symptoms, causes and treatments.
Alternative Heartworm Cure
- Provides information on heartworms in dogs and cats and advocates an alternative, natural remedy.
- Site set up by the owner of a golden retriever that died from this fungal infection. Includes information on the disease in humans and in dogs, a case database, forum and chat room.
Brucellosis in Dogs
- Provides information on the canine form of this venereal disease, the risk to human health, the course of the disease in dogs, prevention, testing and treatment.
Canine Genetic Diseases Network
- Information on projects searching for genetic mutations that cause disease and suffering in canines, and resources for those concerned with canine diseases.
Canine Intervertebral Disk Disease
- Includes information about the physiology, causes, and treatments of this disease that primarily effects dachshunds.
- Provides information on the causes of congenital and idiopathic canine megaesophagus, the clinical signs, risk factors and accompanying disorders, with lots of personal observations by owners.
Canine Syringomyelia Support Group
- A support group and educational media for people affected by Syringomyelia in their dogs. For pet owners, breeders and veterinarians.
- Personal account about a dog with exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) and the treatment it is undergoing.
Dalmatians Urinary Stone Disease
- Carroll H. Weiss provides scientific information on the breed-specific defect that causes some dogs to produce insoluble urates which cause stones that prevent the flow of urine. [PDF]
Dog Food Allergies
- Provides information on food-related allergies, symptoms, treatments, suitable diets and real-life experiences.
Dog Paw Licking
- An informational site on the causes and treatments for this behavior and the underlying skin conditions.
Dogs with Disabilities
- Provides information for owners of disabled dogs including nursing care, mobility and emotional support.
- Provides an overview of FCE and information on the typical patient and possible therapies.
Genetic Disease in Schipperkes
- Information on the breed related genetic disease called MPS111B.
- Illustrated article on this condition caused by an insufficient level of thyroid hormone in the blood.
Inherited Diseases in Dogs
- A guide to diseases and conditions of pure bred dogs which are likely to be transmitted wholly or partly through a genetic mechanism. From the University of Cambridge Veterinary School.
- Provides information on the serious and sometimes fatal disease caused by a portosystemic shunt or blood vessel remaining open as a dog grows and compromising liver function.
Mitral Valve Disease and the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
- Detailed information about MVD.
Non-surgical Options for Managing Your Dog's Arthritis
- Article by Andrea Lin.
Perianal Fistulas in Canines
- Provides information and support for owners of dogs that have perianal fistulas or anal furunculosis.
- Article on this uncommon disease that primarily affects golden retrievers, dachshunds and Gordon setters, its causes and treatment.
Robbie's Pet Health Pages
- Learn about canine vaccinations and the diseases they prevent, parasites, and home remedies for your dog.
- Article covering incontinence problems in dogs including causes, medical, surgical and other treatments, and when all else fails, diapers.
- Illustrated article providing information on these worms and their life cycle, and how heavy infestations can cause symptoms that mimic Addison's Disease.
Yahoo! Groups: canineliver-d
- Message board for owners of dogs with some type of liver disease.
Conditions and Diseases
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 6, 2015 at 14:45:06 UTC -