become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cattle/Conditions_and_Diseases
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Animal: Mammals: Cattle: Conditions and Diseases
Foot and Mouth Disease
Mad Cow Disease
Business: Agriculture and Forestry: Livestock: Cattle
Business: Healthcare: Animal Health: Livestock: Cattle
Health: Animal: Conditions and Diseases
Health: Animal: Livestock: Conditions and Diseases
Abortion in Cattle
- Factsheet from Utah State University Extension. [PDF]
Badgers and Bovine Tuberculosis
- Well argued article discussing the effectiveness on culling badgers and the best way forward to reduce the incidence of bTb. [PDF]
- Provides information on primary and secondary bloat, their causes, signs, treatment and control.
- Information on this disease, how cattle become infected, the life cycle of the parasite, transmission to humans, clinical signs, diagnosis, control and prevention.
Bovine Theriogenology Images
- Provides many images from the teaching files of R. G. Elmore, D.V.M., M.S. Diplomate, American College of Theriogenology.
- Information on this disease, its clinical signs, how it is spread and how it is controlled in Canada.
- Provides information on this disease caused by Brucella abortus, the clinical signs, post-mortem appearances, precautions, treatment, surveillance and compensation in the UK.
Calf Scours Treatment
- Blog about treating and curing calf scours and how to prevent new outbreaks plus how to get healthy calves. This site provides tips and further information about calves
- Major cattle diseases, their causes, symptoms and treatment.
- Factsheets form the Florida Extension Service.
Cattle Diseases: Brucellosis
- Information on this disease caused by the bacterium Brucella abortus.
The Cattle Tick
- Boophilus microplus is a serious external parasite of cattle in Australia. Information on its distribution, hosts, effects, identification and life cycle.
Cattle.com: Cattle Diseases
- Cattle diseases, symptoms, and treatments.
Contagious Bovine Pleuro Pneumonia
- Information on this notifiable disease, its history and spread, clinical signs, post-mortem appearances and the GB and EU legislation covering it.
- Information on this disease, caused by a protozoan parasite, which affects cattle and people.
Defra: TB in Cattle
- Provides information on bTB, the connection with badgers, testing and controls, the risk to human health and the research being undertaken.
Disease Factsheet: Cattle Plague (Rinderpest)
- Information from DEFRA on this contagious disease that principally affects cattle, including its history and spread, clinical signs, post mortem and the legislation in the UK that governs it.
Disease Factsheet: Lumpy Skin Disease
- This pox virus infects cattle and water buffalo. Information on its history and spread, the clinical signs, its diagnosis and the UK and EU legislation that covers it.
Enzootic Bovine Leukosis (EBL)
- Information on this viral disease, its clinical signs, post-mortem appearances and the GB legislation covering it.
Foot Rot in Beef Cattle
- Virginia Cooperative Extension factsheet on this common disease of cattle that can cause severe lameness and decreased weight gain.
The Impact of Badger Removal on the Control of Tuberculosis in Cattle Herds in Ireland
- Results of a study conducted between September 1997 and August 2002. [PDF]
Index of Cattle Diseases
- Factsheets from the University of Reading, UK.
- Provides information on this condition associated with an inadequate supply of nutrients necessary for normal carbohydrate and fat metabolism, its causes, predisposing factors, signs, diagnosis and treatment.
- Provides information on this disease which is transmissible to humans, its signs, potential economic loss, risks, spread, prevention and control.
Lumpy Skin Disease
- Information on this disease of cattle, its transmission and spread, its clinical signs, diagnosis and what is being done to prevent its entry into Canada.
- Provides information on this condition, its cause, predisposing factors, signs, diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
- Information on this disease of cattle and buffalo, its transmission, clinical signs, diagnosis and what is being done to prevent its entry into Canada.
- DEFRA factsheet providing information on the history and spread of this parasitic insect, its life cycle, the clinical signs of infection and the UK legislation covering it.
Conditions and Diseases
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 15, 2013 at 5:35:08 UTC -