become an editor
the entire directory
only in Insects/Bees
Open Directory - Health: Animal: Insects: Bees
American Foulbrood Disease
- Detailed information on this infectious, highly contagious disease affecting propupae caused by the multiplication of the sporulating bacterium, Paenibacillus larvae. [PDF]
Apiculture Northeast: Honey Bee Maladies
- Provides photographs and information on various brood and adult diseases of bees, non-infectious disorders and parasites.
Does Pathogen Spillover from Commercially Reared Bumble Bees Threaten Wild Pollinators?
- Open access research article by Michael C. Otterstatter and James D. Thomson.
European Foulbrood: A Bacterial Disease Affecting Honey Bee Brood
- Detailed information on this bacterial disease that effects honey bee larvae before the capped stage.
Honeybee Disease Detection
- Provides information on recognising the symptoms of various diseases affecting honeybee colonies with specific details of the field and laboratory diagnosis, control and treatment of American foulbrood, European foulbrood, chalkbrood, sacbrood, nosema and other conditions.
North American Bee-associated Mites
- Information on a project to study mites which affect bee populations. Guides to ecology, host-association, and distribution of these mites in North America.
- Factsheet on this disease that affects adult honey bees by parasitizing the cell wall of the midgut. Includes a description and information on the field diagnosis and laboratory diagnosis. [PDF]
USDA: Diagnosis of Honey Bee Diseases
- Comprehensive information on the various pests and diseases that can affect the colony. [PDF]
Wikipedia: Diseases of the Honey Bee
- Encyclopedia article on the pests and parasites, bacterial, fungal and viral diseases that affect bees.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 10, 2011 at 0:17:10 UTC -