become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fish/Conditions_and_Diseases
Conditions and Diseases
Open Directory - Health: Animal: Fish: Conditions and Diseases
Bacterial Kidney Disease
Enteric Redmouth Disease
Infectious Haematopoietic Necrosis
Infectious Pancreatic Necrosis
Infectious Salmon Anaemia
Proliferative Kidney Disease
Red Mark Syndrome
Viral Haemorrhagic Septicaemia
Health: Animal: Conditions and Diseases
The Aetiology and Epidemiology of PD, HMSI and CMS in Scotland
- This report summarises the conclusions of research into these diseases and the varying degrees of success in achieving certain milestones. [PDF]
Alphavirus Infections in Salmonids: A Review
- Salmonid alphaviruses (SAVs) are serious pathogens of farmed Atlantic salmon and rainbow trout in Europe. This article reviews research findings.
Caligiasis in the Chilean Salmon Farming Industry
- Provides information on this parasitic disease which affects marine fish off the coast of Chile.
Cold Water Vibriosis
- Provides information on this disease, also called Hitra disease, its transmission, the external and internal signs, prevention and management.
Diseases and Parasites in Farmed Salmon
- This article argues that a large number of farmed fish in a small area provides ideal conditions for parasites and infectious diseases which may then spread to adjacent farms and to wild fish. [PDF]
First Live-Attenuated Vaccine for S. iniae in Development
- Article describing how researchers have demonstrated the feasibility of using a live-attenuated vaccine to prevent this deadly infection.
How Would you Recognise Pancreas Disease on your Farm?
- Outlines the basis for the diagnosis of PD and provides guidance in distinguishing it from IPN, CMS and HSMI.
Journal of Fish Diseases
- Archive of abstracts with full peer-reviewed articles available by online subscription or single article purchase.
Kidney Diseases: Mycobacterial Infection and Nocardiosis
- Provides images of stained sections of diseased tissue showing the bacteria involved.
- Provides information on this bacterial infection of warm-water fish, its transmission, signs and prevention.
- Provides information on this important disease of European farmed Atlantic salmon, its transmission, the external and internal signs, prevention and management.
- Provides information on this disease, sometimes known as Salmon Rickettsial Syndrome, its transmission, external and internal signs, management and prevention.
- Streptococcosis results from infection by gram-positive cocci, such as the bacterium Lactococcus garvieae. This article provides information on the clinical signs, epidemiology, diagnostic methods, control and treatment of the disease.
- A bacterial disease of salt-water and migratory fish, and the severity of vibriosis has increased proportionately with the development and expansion of fish farming world-wide. It has a global distribution with epizootics on all continents and a wide range of fish.
Vibriosis and Luminal Bacterial Disease
- Provides information on this serious disease of shrimps caused by bacterial pathogens belonging to the genus Vibrio, its transmission and epidemiology, external and internal signs and prevention.
- Provides information on this disease, the species affected, its transmission, prevention and research findings.
Conditions and Diseases
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 10, 2013 at 16:24:08 UTC -