the entire directory
only in Animal/Fish
Conditions and Diseases
Science: Agriculture: Aquaculture
Science: Agriculture: Fisheries
Asian Fisheries Society: Fish Health Section
- Aims to improve regional knowledge on fish health management and develop awareness among Asian aquaculturists towards establishing a sustainable aquaculture industry.
Diseases in Pond Fishes: The Role of Stress
- Article discussing the factors which may affect fish and make them more susceptible to infectious diseases or protozoan parasites.
Effects and Benefits of Fish Vaccination
- Fish vaccination has proved to be effective in reducing economic losses caused by mortality and lower growth rates. This fact sheet illustrates how prevention is better than cure and provides a cost-benefit analysis for vaccination.
The Fish Pancreas
- Provides a guide to the anatomy, functions and disease of this organ with images of stained sections of diseased tissue.
The Fish Site: Health and Welfare Featured Articles
- Provides short articles on a wide range of subjects related to fish health.
- Provides diagnosis charts and information on diseases that may affect aquarium fish. Also offers online sales of medications, water conditioners and other products.
Health Situation of Farmed Fish 2005
- Provides an overview from the Norwegian National Veterinary Institute on the most important diseases and health issues facing aquaculture. [PDF]
- Provides a guide to the anatomy, functions and diseases of this organ with details of several important infections, each illustrated by stained sections of diseased tissue.
Oxygen Depletion and Other Types of Fish Kills
- Most fish kills in farm ponds are the result of oxygen depletion. This article outlines how a high level of nutrients in the water can result in an algal bloom, and the factors that may cause a sudden lowering of the oxygen level.
Winter and Summer Fish Kills in Ponds
- This article describes the environmental factors involved in the depletion of oxygen which may cause fish death in ponds.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 30, 2015 at 8:35:03 UTC -