become an editor
the entire directory
only in Conditions_and_Diseases/Infectious_Diseases
Conditions and Diseases
Cat Scratch Disease
Feline Immunodeficiency Virus
Feline Infectious Anaemia
Feline Infectious Peritonitis
Foot and Mouth Disease
Rabbit Calicivirus Disease
West Nile Virus
Business: Healthcare: Products and Services: Infection Control
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases
Health: Medicine: Medical Specialties: Infectious Diseases
Health: Public Health and Safety: Disease Control and Prevention
Health: Public Health and Safety: Epidemiology: Infectious Diseases
Science: Biology: Microbiology
- Provides information on these single celled organisms that can infect the intestines of dogs and cats. Includes sources of infection, development in the host, detection and treatment.
- Cryptosporidiosis is caused by a protozoan parasite that affects the intestines of mammals and causes an acute diarrhea. This article explains how the infection occurs in animals, its prevalence, detection and treatment.
- Information on this infection of the central nervous system transmitted by ticks, its epidemiology, the symptoms in animals, in humans (mostly abattoir workers) and the means of transmission.
- This infection is now known to be caused by the organism Coxiella burnetii and can affect farm animals, domestic mammals and birds. Information on its transmission to humans and the risks it poses.
- Information on the course of this disease, its transmission, the law regarding animal bites, human exposure and animal quarantine.
- Information on this disease, how it is spread, animal symptoms, what to do with rabid animals and how to prevent and control the spread of the disease.
- Provides information on this disease, the species affected, its course in animals, how people get the disease, its treatment and prevention.
- VS is an infectious viral disease of a number of species. Provides information on the disease, its cause, the species affected, signs, spread, persistence and control.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 7, 2014 at 5:24:06 UTC -