become an editor
the entire directory
only in Birds/Poultry
Open Directory - Health: Animal: Birds: Poultry
Conditions and Diseases
Science: Agriculture: Animals: Birds: Poultry
Biosecurity and the Poultry Flock
- This article explains what biosecurity is, how poultry diseases spread, how to limit viral diseases and why biosecurity is so important today. [PDF]
Biosecurity for Poultry
- Information on setting up a biosecurity program in order to ensure a healthy flock.
Cannibalism by Poultry
- This article outlines the causes, control and prevention of cannibalistic behavior among poultry, including the trimming of beaks as a preventative measure.
Control of Poultry Disease Outbreaks
- Outlines the procedures to take if disease is suspected in a flock and how to make use of laboratory services to enable proper diagnosis.
Control of Pullorum and Typhoid through Participation in the National Poultry Improvement Plan
- This article explains how taking part in this national plan can help prevent egg-transmitted diseases gaining hold in small flocks.
A Guide for Managing Poultry Insects
- Poultry can be infested with a variety of insects and mites that feed on skin debris, feathers and blood. This article describes them and suggests possible treatments.
Performing a Physical Exam on a Chicken
- This illustrated account describes how to restrain and calm the bird, and what signs of health to look for.
- Atlas of pathology, publications, and a calendar of events of interest to poultry vets.
Poultry Health Articles
- Articles on poultry care and health.
Poultry Necropsy Basics
- A post-mortem dissection of a dead bird may help establish the cause of death. This illustrated article explains the procedure.
Preventive Medicine for Backyard Chickens
- Provides information to flock owners as to how diseases can occur, with advice on prevention.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 23, 2013 at 11:54:03 UTC -