become an editor
the entire directory
only in Birds/Conditions_and_Diseases
Conditions and Diseases
Skin and Feather Disorders
Business: Agriculture and Forestry: Livestock: Poultry
Health: Animal: Conditions and Diseases
Recreation: Pets: Birds
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Chordata: Aves
Science: Biology: Zoology: Chordates: Ornithology
The Amazing Avian Beak Anatomy and Common Disorders
- Learn about beaks, their functions, parts, diseases, and disorders.
Avian Biotech: Avian Disease Center
- Offers testing for many avian diseases affecting all kinds of birds. Including DNA sexing.
- Information on this paralytic disease caused by ingestion of a toxin produced by the bacteria, Clostridium botulinum, provided by the USGS National Wildlife Health Center.
- Discusses the types of tumors that have been diagnosed in pet birds, including those of the skin and internal organs.
Avian Goiter (Thyroid Hyperplasia or Dysplasia)
- An enlargement of the thyroid observed in many species of birds, including pigeons, canaries, budgerigars, and wild birds.
Avian Vacuolar Myelinopathy
- Information on this neurological disease affecting waterbirds, provided by the USGS National Wildlife Health Center.
Correcting Spraddle or Splay Leg in Birds
- Describes this condition, its causes, and the importance of early intervention.
CPR for Birds
- Discusses cardiopulmonary resuscitation that can save a bird's life in the correct circumstances.
Dealing With Vitamin A Deficiency in Birds
- Describes the most common preventable avian disease, hypovitaminosis A, which particularly affects pet birds that eat only seeds.
Diabetes in Birds
- Describes this condition, the treatment, and complications.
- Monitoring bird droppings can help identify illness in a bird. By Birds n Ways.
Fatty Liver Disease in Cockatiels
- Reasons why a parrot develops fatty liver disease and what can be done to prevent it. From Winged Wisdom Pet Bird Magazine.
Gout In Birds
- Describes this condition, dietary recommendations, and medications to control it.
Growing Old Gracefully
- Article on geriatric birds and their ailments.
- Find avian health and disease articles on anatomy, immune, digestive, urinary, and reproductive systems. Includes sections on special needs birds, behavior, stress management, and healing herbs.
- Factsheet about this common disease of pigeons caused by a protozoan parasite.
Thyroid Testing in Avian Species
- Describes this controversial test, signs of hypothyroidism, and emphasizes the importance of making a careful diagnosis.
Visceral Gout in Birds
- Health concern plaguing caged birds, which is brought on by the build up of uric acid.
Usenet rec.pets.birds -
Conditions and Diseases
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 11, 2014 at 17:24:06 UTC -