the entire directory
only in Animal/Birds
Conditions and Diseases
Business: Consumer Goods and Services: Pet Supplies: Birds
Recreation: Pets: Birds
Shopping: Pets: Birds
This category in other languages:
20 Things You Must Know About Nutrition
- Learn about the most important facet of pet bird ownership.
- Email list group which is focused on general care, disease prevention, and nutrition.
- Provides the basic guidelines of a birds nutritional needs.
Avian Vets & Veterinarian Services
- Find veterinarians, pet hospitals, tips, and advice. From Birds n Ways.
Baby Bird Science and Medicine
- Veterinarian discusses in detail the female reproductive anatomy, the formation of eggs, incubation, hatching, and newborns.
Bathing the Psittacine
- Presents the how and why of bathing, proper approach, methods, species specific showering behaviors, water temperature, and winter care.
Dairy Products and Birds
- Discusses what forms are acceptable to offer to pet birds.
Feeding Finicky Birds
- Article discusses methods of breaking seed addictions in birds and converting them to balanced pelleted diets.
Foods Which are Dangerous to Your Birds
- Find a list of foods that can harm your avian psittacine.
Glossary of Avian External Anatomy
- Provides an alphabetical list of technical terms used to describe the structure of the body.
HotSpot For Birds
- Reference section has many informative articles on the health and safety of birds.
How to Live with, Feed and Handle your Pet Bird
- Veterinarian workshop that offers one free course covering behavior awareness and other sessions on bird handling for a fee. Also provides training tips. Located in Gainesville, Florida.
Molt In Birds
- Discusses the frequency, what to expect, and nutritional guidelines during this period of feather loss and regrowth.
- Provides links that cover a broad range of health topics.
- Geared toward smaller birds. Includes articles on avian health, nutrition, toxins, and dangerous toy alerts.
Proper Wing Clipping
- Find photographs and instruction to correctly trim psittacines.
Tips to Keep your Parakeet Healthy
- Newsletter article, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Illinois.
Veterinary Practice News: Teaching Clients About the Birds and the Seeds
- Article by Rebecca Sweat discussing formulated diets for parrot health.
- Information on health, care, illness, injury, well bird exams, diagnostics, systems, the feather donation project, handicapped birds, and a visit to the wild parrots of Tambopata, Peru.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 10, 2014 at 5:29:45 UTC -