become an editor
the entire directory
only in Herbs/Catnip
Open Directory - Health: Animal: Alternative Medicine: Herbs: Catnip
Herbs for Cats
Business: Consumer Goods and Services: Pet Supplies: Cats
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Plantae: Magnoliophyta: Magnoliopsida: Lamiaceae: Nepeta
Shopping: Gifts: Gift Baskets: Pets
Shopping: Pets: Cats and Dogs: Cats: Toys: Catnip
Shopping: Pets: Theme Merchandise: Cats
- HDW Enterprises and Foothill Felines Bengals - Article about catnip, the aphrodisiac adored by cats everywhere, but a surprisingly versatile herb as well.
- Purdue guide to aromatic and medicinal plants.
- Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine - entry on toxic plant website.
Catnip Repels Mosquitoes More Effectively Than DEET
- ScienceDaily Magazine - Researchers report that nepetalactone, the essential oil in catnip that gives the plant its characteristic odor, is about ten times more effective at repelling mosquitoes than DEET - the compound used in most commercial insect repellents.
Catnip: Why Do Some Cats Love It and Others Leave It?
- Discussion of which cats respond to catnip, and how it should be handled for best response.
Fun for Cats: Catnip -- Fun or Dangerous?
- Article on catnip and how it affects cats.
USDA Fact Sheet on Catnip
- Information on medicinal properties, non-medicinal uses, natural habitat, cultivation, harvest, storage, processing, marketing, conservation and management of catnip. [PDF format] [PDF]
What is Catnip?
- ProVet Healthcare article on active ingredients and common effects of catnip.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, August 15, 2013 7:45:06 AM EDT -