the entire directory
only in Alternative/Resources
Open Directory - Health: Alternative: Resources
Magazines and E-zines
News and Media
Health: News and Media: Publications: Magazines and E-zines
Health: News and Media: Publications: Newsletters
This category in other languages:
- A directory of therapeutic practices that are not considered to be a part of traditional or conventional medical treatment.
Alternative Medicine Foundation
- Non-profit organization in Bethesda, Maryland, dedicated to providing objective information on alternative medicine, complementary medicine, Tibetan medicine and herbal therapies.
Alternative Medicine: Why So Popular?
- Article by Hans R. Larsen investigates the reasons why acupuncture, homeopathy, herbal medicine, vitamin therapy and other modalities are flourishing.
- Information on alternative medicine including traditional Chinese medicine, hypnotherapy and naturopathic medicine. Maintained by Healthcommunities.com in Northampton, Massachusetts.
AltMedAngel: Alternative Medicine Angel
- A non-profit site offering educational information and research on various health conditions, medications, supplements and therapies. Includes physician directory, newsletter, book review and product guide.
Cancer Cure Foundation
- Alternative cancer information including therapies and referrals to clinics. Non-profit organization founded by G. Edward Griffin based in Newbury Park, California.
- Information about healing herbs, crystals, color healing and holistic medicine. Maintained by Merlin (Peter), color healer.
Consumer Health Organization of Canada
- A non-profit organization making people aware of the holistic or alternative approaches to health. Includes information on prevention of disease through nutrition, whole foods, dietary supplements, herbs and related resources.
A Consumer's Guide to Structural Therapy
- Dr. June Leslie Wieder describes structural therapy and how it works (includes massage, bodywork, chiropractic, and osteopathic).
- Provides suggestions and alternative treatments for a variety of ailments and conditions. Includes articles and a forum.
- A non-profit United Kingdom based organisation that provides information on Reiki, spiritual healing, chakras, aromatherapy, kinesiology, chiropractic, earth healing, and meditation.
- Support and information for those with chronic illnesses such as fibromyalgia, FMS, CFS, and Lupus.
- Non-profit organization dedicated to educating the public about chronic illnesses and non-drug related treatments. Founded by Seth Barrows in Greene, New York.
- June Kaminski, RN MSN, offers techniques and guidance for holistic healing and wholeness.
- Information, resources, message forum on alternative therapies, including online Reiki classes.
- Volunteers present research and opinions on alternatives to traditional medicine including weight loss and drug/alcohol addiction. Based in South Newfane, Vermont.
- Provides health and lifestyle information products for intranets, Web sites, and touch screen kiosks.
- Mega site of resource on wellness, natural health, traditional, complementary and alternative medicine information, and self care.
- Articles on holistic healing, psychology, renewal.
Millions Against Medical Madness
- Promotes natural healthcare as standard care. Educational articles. Dr. Lisbeth Baird, founder.
National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Part of the US National Institutes of Health, and undertaking research, training, and dissemination of data to the public and professionals. Includes events calendar and details of clinical trials.
- Provides information about schools, programs, certification, careers and licensing requirements. Includes searchable database and FAQ.
Natural Health and Longevity Resource Center
- Articles, health news, books, links to health sites. Guide to nutritional remedies.
- Non-profit organization dedicated to non-pharmaceutical common sense health education. Hugh Mann, founder.
People Against Cancer
- Non-profit organization distributes a wide range of educational materials about non-toxic innovative forms of cancer prevention, diagnosis and therapy. Headquarters in Otho, Iowa, with offices worldwide.
Revolution Health: Natural Health
- Provides articles, forums, medical advice, and consumer reviews.
- Information about alternative therapies and practitioners. Includes directory of practitioners.
- Articles and online resources on alternative health.
- Listing of alternative medicine courses, workshops, and conferences.
Urban Health News
- This is an online portal for information covering alternative health issues.
- Health prescriptions by board certified physicians combine alternative medicine, supplement, vitamins, herbs, and nutrition with conventional medicine. Based in Reston, Virginia.
Wholistic Healing Research
- Daniel J. Benor, M.D., documents that wholistic healing works. Extensive research evidence included. Wholistic Integrative Care and Spiritual Healing defined.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 6:01:45 PM EST -