become an editor
the entire directory
only in Alternative/Opposing_Views
Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
Fasting and Cleansing
Neuro Linguistic Programming
Health: Medicine: Evidence Based Medicine
Science: Science in Society: Skeptical Inquiry
Society: Issues: Health: Conditions and Diseases: Cancer: Alleged Cures
Society: Issues: Health: Fraud
This category in other languages:
The Skeptics Dictionary
- Definitions and essays on alternative medicine ideas and practices with references to the best skeptical literature.
ABC of Complementary Medicine - What is Alternative Medicine
- A review article from the British Medical Journal on Alternative and Complementary medicine.
- Scientist Vic Stenger's page on alternative medicine and quackery. Articles on homeopathy, energy healing and the science of prayer.
Alternative Medicine and Quackery
- Alternative medicine and quackery: what various alternative healing methods exist? For what diseases? Mainly critical viewpoints.
Complementary and Alternative Therapies
- Systemic reviews, meta analyses and general information on alternative medicine from the Oxford University.
Debunking the Paranormal
- A science writer's guide to debunking pseudoscience, the paranormal, homeopathy, and other far out claims of alternative medicine.
- Skeptical information on alternative medicine in general and articles on several specific types.
False Coral Calcium Claims
- Explains that the content of coral calcium is not very different from the calcium carbonate found in other supplements.
Health Watch UK
- Discussion on assessment and testing of treatments and information for the public why only thoroughly tested treatments are safe. Non-profit organization in the UK.
- Critical reviews of herbal remedies, nutritional supplements and alternative medicine practices.
- Skeptical articles on alternative medicine topics by Gary Posner.
The Millenium Project
- Uncovers promoters of quackery and those who lie about the dangers of vaccines. A list with a several hundred fundamental websites, commentaries on fraudulent organisations and sites, hate-mail from uncovered quacks, tributes and awards.
Monterrey Wellness Center Makes Me Sick
- Personal opinion about James Davidson, proprietor, currently under a 63 count indictment in Tennessee for fraud for claiming to cure cancer.
National Council Against Health Fraud Archive
- Contains documents describing and opposing alternative remedies, including homeopathy, acupuncture and MLM health products.
- Critical reviews, specially of alternative medicine. Provides resources and links on quackery, alternative medicine and health fraud.
- Podcast looking at different alternative medicines in each episode.
- Experiments and thoughts on quackery, health beliefs and pseudoscience.
- Nonprofit corporation whose purpose is to combat health-related frauds, myths, fads, and fallacies. Information on quackery, questionable therapies and products.
Rocky Mountain Skeptics - Failed Alternative Medicine
- A database of negative testimony.
Sense About Science
- A UK-based charitable trust that responds to the misrepresentation of science and scientific evidence on issues that matter to society. Information and briefing documents about particular issues and alternative medicine along with details of how to get involved.
- Sceptical news magazine with a focus on alternative medicine, quackery and vaccination.
What's The Harm?
- Lists stories where a lack of critical thinking has caused unnecessary harm, death, injury, hospitalizations, major financial loss or other damages.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 10, 2015 at 7:18:08 UTC -