become an editor
the entire directory
only in Alternative/Magnetic_Therapy
This category in other languages:
- Magnetic therapy as an alternative health option, comments, suggestions, and reviews.
- Commercially focused UK based source of information on the theory and application of magnetic therapy, magnetism, magnetic jewellery and magnetic bracelets.
- Explanation of study results, legal and regulatory actions, by Stephen Barrett, M.D.
Magnet Therapy May Ease Hard-to-Treat Depression
- A double-blind study by Dr. Mark George, a professor of psychiatry, radiology and neuroscience at the Medical University of South Carolina suggests that magnetic therapy may e effective in the treatment of depression.
Magnetic Fact, Fiction and Pain Relief
- Medical fact and fiction concerning magnets and electromagnets. Discusses history, static and pulsed magnets, Lorentz and Faraday forces, medical literature.
Magnetic Therapy Bracelets
- Discussions about magnetic therapy
Magnets for Pain [NCCAM Get the Facts]
- This fact sheet provides an overview of magnets and summarizes current scientific knowledge about their effects on pain.
- Overview of a new, non-invasive treatment for major depressive disorder.
Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy
- Explanations of technical features for laymen, explaining all parameters important for pulsed magnetic field therapy
Silly beliefs - Magnetic Therapy
- A hard-hitting but very thorough attack on magnetic therapy claims
The Skeptic's Dictionary: Magnet Therapy
- Explains the placebo effect and market size. Links to articles and studies.
TMS Center of Colorado
- Treatment for major depressive disorder through the use of repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS or TMS).
TMS Center of New York
- Describes the use of transcranial magnetic stimulation is the clinical settings.
- Offering Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) therapy for the treatment of patients suffering from depression with locations in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
Using Magnets for Health
- Explains magnetic fields, deficiency syndrome, and history.
What the Sceptics Say
- This is intended as a sceptical look at the skeptics claims about magnotherapy and magnetic fuel and water conditioning.
Magnets 'can cure depression' | Mail Online
- Psychiatrists are carrying out trials using electro-magnets as a treatment for depression - targeting those people who fail to get better with conventional drug therapy (April 01, 2011)
BBC News: 'Bracelets' Useless in Arthritis
- Copper bracelets and magnetic wrist straps do not relieve pain or stiffness in people with arthritis, say University of York researchers. (October 16, 2009)
Magnetic Therapy: Plausible Attraction?
- Investigates history, how it works, and Baylor study results. (July 01, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 29, 2015 at 11:24:04 UTC -