the entire directory
only in Alternative/Herbs
Chinese Herbal Medicine
Clinics and Practitioners
Herbal Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
Health: Alternative: Essences
Health: Alternative: Folk Medicine
Home: Cooking: Herbs and Spices
Home: Gardening: Plants: Herbs
Science: Biology: Botany: Ethnobotany
This category in other languages:
- Provides an electronic, searchable version of "A Modern Herbal," by Maud Grieve. Also includes message boards, articles, book reviews, and links.
About.com: Healthy Herbs
- Weekly features and extras, product and book reviews, free newsletter, chat and bulletin board from About.com.
Alternative Nature Herbals
- Includes articles, herb profiles with horticulture and remedy information, a gallery of photographs, and links to other herbal sites.
Botanical Dermatology Database
- An electronic, searchable version of "Botanical Dermatology," by John Mitchell and Arthur Rook, which includes a botanical index.
Bouquet Garni Herbs
- Provides information about growing herbs, and using them for health, beauty, and cooking.
Culpeper's Herbal Online
- Full text of Culpeper's Complete Herbal (1653 edition). Includes breakdown by individual herb, directions for making remedies and catalog of simples.
The Daisy Institute
- Information and testimonials about using herbal remedies for various life-threatening diseases.
- Includes list of herbs using in naturopathic remedies, with information about their uses and hazards.
Essiac Information Site
- Information about the herbal tea known as essiac, including history, controversial issues, scams, marketer ethics, product prices, and recipes.
- Provides articles and information about the possible health uses of evening primrose oil, including PMS, autoimmune conditions, inflammation, and weight loss.
- Seven Boston-area herbalists discuss their approaches to correcting imbalances in the body's energy, using herbs and muscle testing.
The Herb Index
- An online guide for herbs and supplements, includes scientific names and contra-indications.
- Collection of resources, including herb profiles, a practitioner directory, and a calendar of events.
Herb Research Foundation
- Organization dedicated to researching and providing scientific information on the safety and health benefits of botanicals throughout the world from multiple medical traditions. Find information about services and resources, news, and sustainable development.
The Herb Society of America
- Provides history and purpose, membership information, projects, programs, publications, calendar, conferences and scholarships. Includes herb profiles, seed exchange forum, and plant collection information.
- Includes information about toxicity, recipes, lore, history, remedies, and herbs for pets.
- Discussion of herbs that have been used through history to prevent conception, with modern observations on how they work.
The Herbal Encyclopedia
- Alphabetical listing of healing herbs, with information about medicinal and religious uses, and cultivation. Also provides articles about safety, storage, remedies, recipes, and special uses.
- Offering herb information sponsored by Christopher Publications. Includes sections about recipes, ailments, formulas, programs and literature.
- Information about individual herbs, and instructions for making various types of herbal preparations.
- Herbal knowledgebase covers more than 2000 herbs from around the world. Also provides information about remedies, interactions, preparations, and regulation.
Home Made Medicine
- Provides information about herbal healing, home remedies, and a complete guide listed by illness.
Juniper and Sage
- Includes information on preparing and using herbs for medicinal and culinary purposes, and organic growing and wildcrafting.
Laurie Lacey's Wild World of Plants
- Information about traditional use of plant and tree medicines. Also offers workshops, a weblog, and links.
Medicines and Foods from the Wild
- Information about identifying, preparing, and using wild medicinal and edible plants in the northeastern United States.
Philippine Herbal Medicine
- A reference site featuring various herbs used as traditional medicine in the Philippines, including the 10 plants endorsed by the Philippine Department of Health.
Pioneer Thinking: Herbal Health
- Offers an alphabetical database of herbs and ailments, and articles about gardening and making herbal preparations.
Southwest School of Botanical Medicine
- Medicinal plant photographs, illustrations, maps, abstracts, constituents, monographs, major papers and folios by genus and species.
Trickstar in the Herb Garden
- Includes a glossary, monographs, properties and phytochemicals, and an email newsletter.
Usenet alt.folklore.herbs -
Usenet misc.health.alternative -
Usenet rec.gardens.edible -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 22, 2014 at 11:58:55 UTC -