become an editor
the entire directory
only in Alternative/Biofeedback
Open Directory - Health: Alternative: Biofeedback
Clinics and Practitioners
This category in other languages:
About.com on Biofeedback
- Collection of net links about biofeedback include information on research, definition, applications, webzine and training regarding this healing modality.
Applied Neuroscience Foundation
- A Dutch Foundation established in 2007 providing a conference on Brain Computer Interface technology, and a listing of professional offices for neurofeedback and related modalities.
Articles on Biofeedback
- Reference list of empirical research on biofeedback.
- In-depth coverage of Biofeedback. Types of Biofeedback machines, techniques, EMG, temperature biofeedback, galvanic skin response, electrodermal response, electroencephalogram, brain waves, relaxation techniques, and self hypnotism.
- Resources including associations, practitioners and equipment.
- The largest biofeedback and neurofeedback discussion message group and related Web resources: links to biofeedback sites, polls, meeting announcements, and biofeedback chat.
Biofeedback: The Process
- Explains levels of stress, how they become chronic, and the role of biofeedback in relaxation.
- Research, videos, training courses, provider listing, and clinician community.
- Neurofeedback research and clinical services. Information, articles, and case histories involving the treatment of wide variety of disorders with biofeedback.
Futurehealth: EEG Biofeedback and Neurofeedback Central
- A resource with many internal and net links on EEG biofeedback and neurofeedback, articles, Winter Brain meeting abstracts, and tapes of lectures and workshops.
How to Relax From an Expert
- Offers both personal and Professional Biofeedback Training by Jack Sandweiss. Clinic start up consultations. Intensive, weekend program for those from out of state. (California)
International Society for Neurofeedback and Research
- Annual Neurofeedback Conference, publishers of the Journal of Neurotherapy.
Introducing the Accommotrac Vision Trainer
- The "Accommotrac" is an electronic instrument used by a doctor to teach a patient, by sight and sound, how to voluntarily control the eye's focusing muscle.
What is Biofeedback?
- Psychotherapy.com description, history, uses and how biofeedback works.
Winter Brain, Optimal Functioning and Positive Psychology Meeting
- Continuously running conference on neurofeedback and positive psychology. Lectures, workshops, and networking with other professionals.
Zengar Institute - NeuroCare Pro
- A software program and community specializing in a new area of neurofeedback technology and methods.
Attention, Kids: Play This Game
- Wired News article on a new video game device called a "Thoughtcaster" which can train ADD sufferers to concentrate. (December 19, 2000)
A Symphony in the Brain
- By New York Times Science writer Jim Robbins. Includes excerpts and other articles by the author. (May 01, 2000)
Neurofeedback Helps Those With Autistic Disorders, Study Finds
- Research on autistic spectrum disorder (ASD) shows that neurofeedback (EEG biofeedback) can remediate anomalies in brain activation, leading to symptom reduction and functional improvement. (January 01, 2000)
ABC News: What Is Biofeedback And When Is It Used For Pain?
- Description and video about its use in patients with chronic pain. (January 01, 2000)
Psychology Today: Wired for miracles?
- Article on EEG biofeedback with stories about individuals. (May 30, 1998)
Usenet misc.health.alternative -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, March 2, 2010 9:57:23 PM EST -