become an editor
the entire directory
only in Aging/Life_Expectancy
Health: Public Health and Safety: Statistics
Home: Personal Finance: Insurance: Life
Science: Social Sciences: Demography and Population Studies
Shopping: Health: Alternative: Life Extension
Society: People: Generations and Age Groups: Seniors: Centenarians
Between Zeus and the Salmon
- Online version of multi-author book describing biology and demography of longevity. Book can be ordered from National Academy Press.
Calculation of Life Expectancy
- Concise explanation of the mathematics of life expectancy calculation with links to related concepts.
Healthy Life Expectancy
- Offers an international comparison of disability adjusted life expectancies.
Innovita Research Institute
- Research on aging, molecular concepts of aging, cloning and age-related diseases such as Alzheimers, Werner syndrome, and Parkinsons.
Office of Population Studies, United Nations
- Link to documents describing impact of longevity trends on world population.
Premature Death in the New Independent States
- Causes of increased deaths in former states of the USSR. Book chapter viewable online at National Academy Press site.
Review of The Quest for Immortality: Science at the Frontiers of Aging
- Generally favorable review of a book by Olshansky and Carnes that argues that large increases in life expectancy are unlikely in near future without fundamental advances in the science of aging. (Requires registration, but is reprinted in entirety on Amazon.)
Roman Life Expectancy
- Roman Life Expectancy: calculations and caveats about accuracy.
- Informational website on Gerontology and Aging Research
Unraveling the Secrets of Human Longevity
- Scientific and Educational Website on Human Longevity Studies
What Kills Us? Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
- Discussion of the causes of changes in life expectancy over the last 150 years.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 30, 2014 at 10:51:00 UTC -