become an editor
the entire directory
only in Quitting/Self_Help_Materials
Self Help Materials
Open Directory - Health: Addictions: Substance Abuse: Tobacco: Quitting: Self Help Materials
Break Free from Cigarettes
- Series of articles to help smokers decide to quit, and to be mentally prepared for it.
- Based on the premise that, beyond the addiction, smoking is a habit driven by unconscious behaviors, and if those behaviors are changed, a lasting quit can be achieved.
Joel's Quit Smoking Library
- Joel Spitzer, who has taught smoking cessation for 30 years, makes his almost 100 article library of stop smoking clinic articles available to all smokers.
Let It Pass
- Essays and graphics, often humorous or thought-provoking, on smoking and quitting aim at changing the way you think about cigarettes and help you to get rid of tobacco from your life.
Never Smoke Again
- A web-based method of quitting smoking using "your own willpower". Disclaims any effectiveness.
New York State Smokers Quitsite
- Offers a free quit kit.
- American Association of Respiratory Care offers tips and suggestions.
Quit Smoking Journals
- Subscription-based online diary site devoted to helping people quit smoking and maintain their quit.
- In English, French, and German. University-based quit information center. Online pamphlets loaded with advice on: considering quitting; planning to quit; preparing for the day; staying smoke-free; dealing with relapse. Also online questionnaire, and access to help from experts.
A World Hooked on Smoking
- Some articles on the effects on self and others.
The Worldwide Armor Of God Stop Smoking Home Page
- A free, Gospel-based method to assist people interested in quitting smoking and nicotine addiction.
You Can Control Your Weight As You Quit Smoking
- Pamphlet with tips on avoiding weight gain and quitting.
Self Help Materials
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 23, 2013 at 1:05:09 UTC -