become an editor
the entire directory
only in Products_and_Services/Consumer_Information
Products and Services
Open Directory - Health: Addictions: Substance Abuse: Tobacco: Quitting: Products and Services: Consumer Information
Acupuncture for Smoking Cessation
- Article in scientific journal. Examines whether acupuncture is effective for quitting smoking. Conclusion is it does no better than placebo.
Effectiveness of Hypnosis for Quitting Smoking
- Researchers at Ohio State University reviewed five dozen studies and conclude that smokers who are hopeful that hypnosis will help them kick their habit need to temper their expectations.
FTC finds Ruta Lee's Vitamin C and stop-smoking ads were deceptive
- Television personality Ruta Lee agreed to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that advertising claims she made for three vitamin sprays and a stop-smoking spray were unsubstantiated.
Guide to Quit Smoking
- Product is a self help manual.
Kicking Butts in the Twenty-First Century
- 50 page ACSH pamphlet reports the track record of nioctine patch, gum, inhaler, lozenge, spray; buproprion; counseling, alone and in combination with drug therapies; support groups; telephone counseling; self-help materials and programs; alternative approaches including acupuncture, hypnosis, and herbal remedies.
- Information about quitting smoking using Nicotinell. Provided by its manufacturer, Novartis.
Smokers Advised to Combine Therapies
- The combined use of nicotine patches and sprays is the best way to quit smoking, researchers find.
The Habitrol Stop Smoking System
- Vendor of "the patch". Focus is on a smoking cessation program that combines development of a personalized program with behavioral modification, nicotine replacement therapy and on-line support. In English and French language.
Zyban for Smoking Cessation
- Briefly reviews the scientific literature on safety and effectiveness.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, August 23, 2009 7:15:13 AM EDT -