the entire directory
only in Substance_Abuse/Support_Groups
Cocaine and Crack
UK Drug Support Groups
Health: Mental Health: Policy and Advocacy: Alliances and Support
Health: Support Groups
Society: Support Groups
12 Step Pagans
- Contact information for an email support group for pagans interested in the 12 Step program.
Addiction or Self-Medication
- Substance abuse from different standpoints.
- Find personal stories of addiction and recovery as well as a search page to help find Twelve Step meetings, support groups, hospitals, and treatment centers.
- UK Midlands charity providing advice and counselling on alcohol and drugs problems.
Changing Attitudes In Recovery
- For people with addiction, emotional, relational problems.
Christian Recovery Resources Database
- Searchable database of ministries, organizations, local groups and meetings in the US, and Canada other parts of the world.
Crystal Meth Anonymous
- CMA is a relatively new twelve step program for people who are addicted to crystal meth. Links provide support for family and friends as well.
Crystal Meth Anonymous of New York City
- Local support group for those addicted to crystal meth. Meeting times and mission statement.
- The resource for recovery of alcoholics, narcotics, gamblers, and overeaters. More than 100,000 meetings, hospitals and treatment centers with maps and directions.
Developing Health and Independence
- A range of support services for people addressing drug and alcohol problems, with particular regard for those who are homeless or in housing need.
Friends of Choices
- Help for Alcoholism and Drug Addiction. We work in the service of people with Chemical Dependency and those that love them.
- Fairly eclectic site, but includes original "clean/sober" writings, cartoons, and unofficial Northern CA AA/NA meeting lists.
Hetty's - Drug Support Network
- Support network for parents, carers, family and friends of illicit drug users.
LifeRing Secular Recovery
- A non-religious self-help recovery organization for individuals who seek group support to achieve abstinence from alcohol and other addictive drugs.
- Message board which focuses on methamphetamines and general discussions.
Pagan 12-Step Haven
- A group for recovering pagans in 12-step recovery: AA, NA, OA, and DA. This group will focus on working the 12 steps and supporting each other in recovery.
Recovery Through Christ
- Forum discussing a 12 Step Program for Christians and others who suffer with addictions.
The Recovery Zone
- Features 12 step recovery resources with information and help for people suffering from alcoholism, drug addiction, smoking addiction, compulsive eating disorders, and gambling addiction.
- Drug addiction prevention, treatment and recovery resources. Plus chat, message boards and free recovery email addresses.
- A Christ-centered program that directs those battling addictions to God's intended support group - the local church.
Righteous Oaks Recovery Center
- Information about the formation, operation, philosophies and testimonies concerning the success of their six month, resident, Christ centered addiction recovery program for men.
Say No to Drugs
- Official site for the Russian government's Commission on Fighting Drug Abuse and Illegal Turnover.
Secular Organizations for Sobriety
- A non-religious support group for people who want to give up alcohol or drugs. Located in Rochester, New York.
- Self Management and Recovery Training is a non-profit organization that helps people recover from all types of addictive behaviors. Includes an introduction, regional and online meetings, a message board and resources.
Steppin' Out - The 12 Step Radio Show
- Where alcoholics and addicts share their true stories of before and after drinking and sobriety. In New York City.
Substance Abuse Prevention of Carroll County, Maryland
- Substance abuse prevention message board and information for Carroll County Maryland.
The Triangle Club of Washington, DC
- Provides meeting space for 12-step groups and recovery activities for Gay and Lesbian people of the Washington Metropolitan area.
Vancouver Area Network of Drug Users
- VANDU is a group of IV drug users and former drug users who work to improve the lives of people who use illicit drugs. They do this through user-based peer support and education.
- Provides a forum for examining addictions and compulsive behaviors to support recovery from the family disease of addiction using the Twelve Step Programs.
Substance Abuse Recovery Programs: Which One is Right for You?
- Article compares several alcoholism and substance abuse support groups including AA (Alcoholics Anonymous), NA (Narcotics Anonymous), MM, RR, SMART, SOS, and WFS. [CNN with WebMD] (May 19, 1999)
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 19, 2015 at 13:45:07 UTC -