become an editor
the entire directory
only in Resources/Education_and_Training
Education and Training
Open Directory - Health: Addictions: Substance Abuse: Resources: Education and Training
Alcohol Clinical Training Project
- Free online curriculum teaches skills for addressing alcohol problems in primary care settings. Includes Powerpoint slides, video case examples, and trainer notes. Free online newsletter summarizing clinically relevant research.
Alcohol Medical Scholars Program
- Syllabi, Powerpoint presentations, and other resources for medical school faculty. Topics include diagnosis, treatment, special populations; focus on biomedical aspects of alcohol/drug addiction.
Alcohol Problems in Intimate Relationships: Identification and Intervention - A Guide for Marriage and Family Therapists
- Provides general background information, framework for practice, and specific instructions for intervention. Includes "clinical toolbox" of assessment and treatment materials; guidelines for brief and longer-term intervention whether or not the drinker is present.
Butler Center for Research of Alcoholism and Addiction at Hazelden
- Dedicated to research on addiction recovery. Access to published studies, research updates, online presentations, survey results, drug abuse monitoring and links to other useful alcoholism and addiction resources.
CCJP.com - The Institute for Addiction and Criminal Justice Studies
- Coursework is facilitated by noted writers and trainers with many years of experience in the addictions and/or criminal justice fields.
CSATs Knowledge Application Program
- CSAT provides substance abuse treatment professionals with publications, online education, and other resources that contain information on best treatment practices.
Center on Alcoholism, Substance Abuse, and Addictions
- Research center offers faculty development courses, training workshops, and professional conferences. Powerpoint presentations from prior conferences.
Distance Learning Center for Addiction Studies
- Provides online and home study courses for addictions professional of diverse disciplines. Basic certification series and continuing education.
- Substance abuse videos, addiction recovery DVDs, Stanton Samenow Videos including Commitment to Change series, re-entry videos, and cognitive therapy for the criminal offender
Forensic Drug Abuse Advisor
- Periodical for substance abuse professionals on the latest scientific discoveries in drug abuse, workplace drug testing, federal drug law, and forensic pathology.
GWC Inc. Alcohol and Drug Education & Training Videos
- Alcohol and drug education and training videos for criminal justice, treatment centers and the workplace. Free video previews,and sole source packages. Earn CEU's.
- Provides advanced clinical skills training for the addiction and behavioral health fields. Focus is on relapse and relapse prevention.
Howard Parker Ltd.
- Training and consultation to organizations providing front-line care and related services.
Innovation With Substance
- Drug training, dubstance misuse consultancy and research services.
Institute For Integral Development
- Training professionals working in the areas of mental health, addictions counseling and substance abuse.
Institute for Research, Education, and Training in Addictions
- Focuses on integrating research findings into practice. Workshops, distance learning, online pamphlets and handouts. Intensive training for medical students.
International Nurses Society on Addictions
- Advances addictions nursing practice through advocacy, collaboration, education, research and policy development. Credentialing program; mentoring program; workshops and conference. Online discussion board for members.
Laban's Addiction Specific Trainings
- Distance-learning trainings to drug and alcohol counselors. Approved by social worker boards and licensed professional counselor boards.
McPherson Training Concepts
- Multi-faceted classes and workshop presentation for addiction and substance abuse training. Services in the field of mental health, nursing, management and team building.
Motivational Interviewing Training and Consultation
- On-site and distance learning for professionals in addictions, health care, and mental health. Advanced training and individual coaching available. Reviews of related books and online clinical resources.
National Addictions Technology Transfer Center
- As a nationwide, multidisciplinary resource for professionals in the addictions treatment and recovery services field, the ATTC Network serves to: Raise awareness of best practices, build skills and change practice.
Rutgers University Center of Alcohol Studies
- Research and training in alcohol and other psychoactive substance use. Year-round continuing education series; intensive summer programs; certificate program.
Seeking Safety: A Psychotherapy for PTSD and Addiction
- Manual-guided cognitive-behavioral therapy for co-occurring PTSD and addictions. Calendar of scheduled training events; information about setting up onsite training or consultation.
Social Work Curriculum on Alcohol Use Disorders
- Lecture-ready modules include Powerpoint presentations, handout materials, classroom activities, and accompanying case examples.
The Right Route
- Provides consultants, trainers, developers and temporary recruitment solutions to the UK criminal justice, drug and alcohol sector.
Training Institute for Addiction Counselors
- Provides training to meet California state requirements for certification in drug and alcohol counseling.
- Workshops (in Iowa) and distance learning. Archive of handouts from prior training events.
Virtual Community For Substance Abuse Training
- New England Institute of Addictions Studies and AdCare Educational Institutes of Maine and Massachusetts. Year-round workshops, intensive summer program, and online training.
Education and Training
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, March 2, 2010 11:46:25 PM EST -