the entire directory
only in Substance_Abuse/Resources
Open Directory - Health: Addictions: Substance Abuse: Resources
Education and Training
Addict in The Family: A Resource Guide
- Addresses a widespread problem and provides answers to questions about heroin and heroin addiction. Website for the book by Dr. Andrew Byrne.
Addiction Recovery Guide
- HONcode accredited recovery resource for drug and alcohol addiction including evaluation, treatment programs, holistic approaches, residential treatment centers and an active message board.
Alberta Alcohol and Drug Abuse Commission
- Alcohol and drug abuse information provided by the government of this Canadian province.
Alcohol & Sexual Assault: The Connection
- Alcohol intoxication doesn't cause sexual assault but drunkenness is used as an excuse to avoid responsibility for aggression and other unacceptable behaviors.
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention Team (ADAPT)
- Peer education group dedicated to addressing the issues of alcohol and other drug abuse in an effort to create a healthier university community.
Alcohol and Other Drugs: Self Responsibility
- Research and other articles about "binge" drinking, minimum age, health problems, and history of alcohol and health reform cycles.
Alcohol Education Project
- The Alcohol Education Project of Hobart and William Smith Colleges is a collection of education and research initiatives designed to inform students and college personnel about alcohol and other drugs of abuse.
The Alcoholism and Addictions Resource Directory
- Lists rehabilitation and treatment programs for adults and adolescents. Includes forum, professional resources, and clinical information.
Australian Drug Information Network (ADIN)
- A central point of access to quality alcohol and drug resources. Search, links and FAQs.
Behavioral Research Center of the Southwest
- Non-profit agency that researches substance abuse and other behavioral health issues. A major focus is the impact of cultural factors on substance use. An environment for researchers to meet and work online.
Biological Mechanisms of Addiction
- An article about repeated exposure to a drug and how it produces long term changes in nervous system.
California Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors Forums
- Open forums and news for professional addiction counselors.
Center for Substance Abuse Research
- The Center for Substance Abuse Research (CSAR) is dedicated to research on the biological basis for addiction, its underlying causes, and modalities for treatment interventions.
Centre for Duncanian Studies
- The Centre is a group of researchers who apply a Duncanian perspective to the study of alcoholism and other forms of drug abuse.
The Centre for Recovery
- A UK website about drug and alcohol abuse. A specialised treatment agency offering support and information for those affected by their own or someone else's use of drugs or alcohol.
Codependency and Addiction Treatment
- Directory of addiction recovery sites with a focus on codependency. Site features worksheets and tests to learn about family roles in addiction and codependency recovery as well as treatment center referrals.
Controversies in the Addiction's Field
- Compares various views of alcoholism and drug addictions. Each has a different treatment method. Out of print 1990 book by American Council on Alcoholism to download or read online.
- Listing of resources for alcoholism and addiction. Multiple topic specific message boards for support.
DHHS Workplace Resource Center
- US Department of Health and Human Services offers information for the prevention and treatment of drug abuse in the workplace. Includes resources for employers and employees.
Drug and Alcohol Treatment Network
- Drugnet is a comprehensive drug and alcohol resource. Includes a searchable links database, chat room, message boards and an online Drug and Alcohol assessment.
- Information on treatment and program development for co-occurring dual/multiple disorders; mental illness, drug addiction and alcoholism, MIDAA(R), and MICA.
Duncanian Theory of Addiction
- Examines the theory developed by Prof. David F. Duncan to explain addiction to alcohol and other drugs or to behaviors such as gambling and internet use.
Expert Answers Addiction Questions
- Robert Perkinson, M.D. answers questions on alcoholism, teen drug abuse and gambling addiction. Features a resource library.
Family Recovery through Education and Empowerment
- Resources and information relating to recovery from addiction, codependency, abuse, counseling, education, and prevention.
Federation of Drug & Alcohol Professionals
- Resources for anyone working with clients with drug and alcohol problems, as well as those providing substance misuse education and prevention services.
- For families and employers seeking help for individuals with alcohol, drug and other dependencies.
Harvard Medical School - Division on Addictions
- Provides links to resources including articles, FAQs, library and archives, events, research projects.
- California-based service provides sober coaches to help avoid relapse, available in several states. Accepting treatment professionals to match with clients.
An Integrated Treatment Approach for Severely Mentally Ill Individuals with Substance Disorders
- Excerpt from paper by Kathleen Sciacca, from Chapter 6 of New Directions For Mental Health Services, No. 50, Summer 1991: Jossey-Bass, Publishers.
Iowa Consortium for Substance Abuse Research and Evaluation
- Coordinates research and knowledge transfer among researchers, assists professionals in the field, and informs public policy makers in the area of substance abuse.
The Loyola Group
- 20 hours of short and specific audio talks, dealing with alcohol/drug recovery topics.
The Man in the Glass
- Articles on alcoholism, drug abuse and substance dependence. Information on rehabilitation, detoxification and strategies. Suited to alcoholics, addicts, friends and those interested in the disease of addiction.
Mayo Clinic: Drug Addiction
- Description of signs and symptoms, causes, risk factors and treatment options.
The Mental Illness Education Project.
- Video tape on double trouble in recovery and recovery workshop models, from the Peer Educators Project.
Merus Training Ltd
- Drug and Alcohol Training and Consultancy. Interventions and solutions for drugs and alcohol both in the community and the workplace.
National Native Addictions Partnership Foundation
- Information and resources on the prevention and intervention of addictions, alcohol, drug and solvent abuse, for First Nations and Inuit Communities.
NIDA for Teens: The Science Behind Drug Abuse
- The NIDA for Teens Web site helps educate adolescents ages 11 through 15 (as well as their parents and teachers) on the science behind drug abuse.
Online Recovery Library
- Resources for persons in recovery from alcoholism, addiction, and other obsessive-compulsive behaviors.
OxyContin Addiction Treatment & Information
- Provides OxyContin news and information, as well as OxyContin addiction community forums and treatment referrals.
Prescription Drug Addiction
- An education and support resource for individuals and families dealing with addiction to prescription drugs. How to recognize a problem. Commonly abused medications.
- Alcohol and other drug abuse information directed to health care professionals, includes a bibliographic database, bibliographies, clinical instruments, newsletters, educational tools.
- Offers addiction tools, free daily meditations, humor, hot line numbers, recovery site links, current news, recovery book store, and drug information.
- Recovery Resources is a non-profit organization based in Cleveland, Ohio devoted to helping people with mental illness, alcoholism, drug and other addictions.
Self-Help for Overcoming Addictions
- Practical information on breaking addictions, techniques for reducing stress and improving spirituality.
The Self-Medication Hypothesis
- A theory of the causation of addictions. This site explores both Khantzian's psychoanalytic model and Duncan's behavioral model of the hypothesis.
- Serenity Found is an online resource for those seeking help and information on 12 Step Recovery.
- Professional service provides telephone and in-person coaching to help avoid relapse into alcohol or drug use, with pages on crisis and intervention.
- Dedicated to providing information, services, and products to individuals and families in recovery, promoting a sober lifestyle while having fun.
- Working with corporations, individuals and families to provide intervention and monitoring services for individuals with substance abuse and mental health issues.
Substance Misuse Resources
- This site is about the abuse of drugs and alcohol. It aims to stimulate informed discussion, and thereby help people to understand and deal with the problems they caused.
Web of Addictions
- Provides information about alcohol and other drug addictions. Includes facts, links, meetings, special topics and contact details for specific groups.
Welsh Council on Alcohol and Other Drugs
- A think tank promoting debate and policy initiatives in the field of substance misuse in Wales, UK. Includes history, press releases, current events, links, and contact details.
Working Partners for an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
- Searchable database on substance abuse, state and territory laws, drug-free workplace advisor.
Drug Abuse and Addiction
- Addiction newsletter for mental health professionals, patients, and families. (April 02, 1999)
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, August 15, 2013 7:35:07 AM EDT -