become an editor
the entire directory
only in Substance_Abuse/Organizations
Open Directory - Health: Addictions: Substance Abuse: Organizations
Health: Addictions: Substance Abuse: Support Groups
This category in other languages:
- Details about this organization which focuses on demand reduction in drug abuse through education for prevention , treatment and supporting families oppressed by drug abuse. Includes objectives, programs and contact details.
Aboriginal Drug and Alcohol Council (SA) Inc.
- Development of harm-reduction programmes related to substance misuse in South Australian Aboriginal communities, with details of current projects and free information leaflets to download.
- A virtual network for the scientific study of addiction and for the application of information derived from scientific analysis to the problems of addiction.
Alcohol Advisory Council of New Zealand
- ALAC's primary objective is to promote moderation in the use of alcohol and to develop and promote strategies that will reduce alcohol related problems for New Zealand.
Alcoholism Council of the Cincinnati Area
- Alcoholism Council of the Cincinnati Area-NCADD, promotes the prevention and treatment of alcoholism and drug addiction through advocacy and education.
American Council for Drug Education
- A substance abuse prevention and education agency that develops programs and materials based on the most current scientific research on drug use and its impact on society.
American Society of Addiction Medicine
- Dedicated to educating physicians and improving the treatment of individuals suffering from alcoholism and other addictions.
Arium Foundation Resources for Addictions
- A non profit organization offering substance abuse information regarding fetal alcohol syndrome and other addiction issues.
Association for Medical Education & Research in Substance Abuse
- Organization of health care professionals dedicated to improving education in the care of individuals with substance abuse problems.
Association of Nurses in Substance Abuse
- For all professionals working in the substance misuse field. Information about membership, regional meetings, annual conference and annual journal, plus a resources link page.
CASPER - Coalition for Anabolic Steroid Precursor and Ephedra Regulation
- CASPER is comprised of the nation's leading medical, public health and sport organizations to help focus the efforts on the legislation to regulate steroid precursors in dietary supplements.
California Association for Alcohol Drug Educators
- CAADE serves College and University programs in California. The organization also sponsors an annual conference where state-of-the-art alcohol and drug training issues and information is shared.
California Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors
- Promotes effective response to the diseases of alcoholism and other drug problems through the CAADAC membership base.
California Society of Addiction Medicine
- CSAM is a specialty society of physicians founded in 1973.
Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse
- Non-profit organization provides a resource database, FAQ, events calendar, publications, and statistics.
Center for Substance Abuse Research
- The Center for Substance Abuse Research (CSAR) is dedicated to research on the biological basis for addiction, its underlying causes, and modalities for treatment interventions.
Center for Substance Abuse Research (CESAR)
- Conducts policy-relevant research and evaluation studies, disseminates statistical information and policy analysis, and provides assistance to agencies and organizations in substance abuse related fields.
Center for Treatment Research on Adolescent Drug Abuse
- NIDA-sponsored research center at the University of Miami School of Medicine. Develops and evaluates specific substance abuse treatments for adolescents. Provides findings to the public as well as the research and treatment communities.
Center for the Application of Substance Abuse Technologies (CASAT)
- To improve substance abuse prevention and treatment services by helping states, organizations, agencies, and individuals apply research-based practices. CASAT is located at the University of Nevada, Reno.
Centers for the Application of Prevention Technologies
- Assists states, jurisdictions, and community-based prevention programs to apply scientifically defensible strategies in their efforts to prevent substance abuse.
Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America
- CADCA is a membership organization of over 5,000 anti-drug coalitions, each working to make their community safe, healthy, and drug-free
- Resource center for information about alcohol, tobacco, other drugs, and related issues affecting mental health and wellness.
Council on AODA of Washington County
- Provides information on the prevention and early intervention programs and services available to individuals, families and the communities in Washington County, Wisconsin.
Council on Prevention Education: Substances, Inc.
- Providing training, workshops, educational programs, and consulting services on substance abuse prevention for the State of Kentucky.
Drug Free America Foundation
- Develops and promotes global anti-drug legalization strategies, drug policy and drug prevention tools for parents and youth.
Drug-Free Marion County
- Plan, promotes, and implements community efforts to prevent and reduce the abuse of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs in Marion County, Indiana.
EFTC - European Federation of Therapeutic Communities
- Organisation supporting the psychopedagogical approach helping drug addicts to return to a drug free life style.
Easy Does It, Inc.
- A non-profit organization dedicated to assisting individuals in recovery, including housing, food, education, job training, placement and providing space for 12 Step meetings.
- Advocacy for the prevention of alcohol related harm in Europe.
European Association for the Treatment of Addiction
- EATA is a charitable organization of treatment providers working to improve access and quality in the treatment of substance dependency. Site contains details of activities, and recent news.
FCD Educational Services, Inc.
- A nonprofit organization that provides alcohol, tobacco, and other drug education and prevention programs to schools throughout the United States and abroad.
Federation of Drug and Alcohol Professionals
- Association of practitioners in the substance misuse (drugs and alcohol) field - including counsellors, key workers, referrers, nurses, doctors. Includes news, training and jobs sections.
Foundation for a Functional America
- Organization whose mission is to help people live a better life free of addiction.
Georgia Addiction Counselors Association
- A non-profit association dedicated to high standards for professionals who provide addiction counseling.
Governor's Prevention Initiative for Youth
- An initiative in the state of Connecticut to apply science-based prevention practices to the reduction of substance use amongst 12-17 year old youth.
Illinois Alcoholism & Drug Dependence Association
- IADDA is a statewide organization representing more than 100 prevention and treatment agencies, as well as individuals who are interested in the substance abuse field.
Institute for Substance Abuse Treatment Evaluation
- Conducts research on publicly funded alcohol and drug abuse treatment programs in Tennessee. Includes research reports on treatment effectiveness.
International Certification and Reciprocity Consortium for Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Site gives listing and information on member states and countries.
International Harm Reduction Association
- Working with national and international groups to promote evidence-based strategies in reducing the effects of all psychoactive substances (including illicit drugs, tobacco and alcohol). Includes newsletter and details of conferences and research.
International Society for Biomedical Research on Alcoholism
- Promotes excellence internationally in all aspects of biomedical research on alcoholism and alcohol related biomedical phenomena.
Iowa Consortium for Substance Abuse Research and Evaluation
- Coordinates research and knowledge transfer among researchers, assists professionals in the field, and informs public policy makers in the area of substance abuse.
Kick Alcohol Drug Dependency-KADD
- Kentucky based non-profit organization helping people with the treatment and rehabilitation of alcohol and drug dependency problems.
Lee's Summit CARES
- Non-profit organization based in Lee's Summit, MO. CARES mission is to direct, support and coordinate efforts of the community to help reduce substance abuse and promote youth safety.
Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence
- The primary mission of LICADD is to reduce the incidence and prevalence of the disease of alcoholism, other drug addictions, and related problems.
- It has developed specific services to address the high rate of alcohol and drug abuse to help achieve long-term sobriety. Recovery and Human resources.
Massachusetts Sober Housing Corporation
- Details about this organization which purchases large houses to create Oxford Houses, the most successful sober housing model for recovering alcoholics and addicts.
- The National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence is a volunteer health organization providing education, information, help and hope. Includes alcoholism facts, and youth information.
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. Supports and conducts biomedical and behavioral research on the causes, consequences, treatment, and prevention of alcoholism and alcohol-related problems.
National Asian Pacific American Families Against Substance Abuse, Inc.
- Dedicated to addressing the alcohol, tobacco, and other drug issues of Asian and Pacific Islander (API) populations on the continental U.S., Hawaii, the six Pacific Island jurisdictions and elsewhere.
National Association of State Alcohol and Drug Abuse Directors
- NASADAD's basic purpose is to foster and support the development of effective alcohol and other drug abuse prevention and treatment programs throughout every State.
National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence
- Established in 1980 in Middlesex County, our mission is to prevent the diseases of alcoholism and drug addiction and related problems through prevention education, advocacy and public awareness.
National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence-New Jersey
- Offers addiction news and information source featuring resources and information on substance abuse treatment and prevention.
National Institute on Drug Abuse
- The mission of the NIDA is to lead the Nation in bringing the power of science to bear on drug abuse and addiction.
Pacific Asian Alcohol and Drug Program - PAADP
- A program of Special Service For Groups (SSG) organized by a group of community citizens concerned with the problem of alcohol and drug abuse in the Pacific Asian community of the greater Los Angeles area.
Physician Leadership on National Drug Policy
- All-physician group that promotes a national drug policy that is cost-effective in both human and economic terms.
Prevention by Design
- Prevention by Design helps California communities deliver Alcohol and Other Drug services, meet state and federal requirements, and acquire funding for prevention programs.
Racing for Recovery
- Racing for Recovery helps to prevent all forms of substance abuse and to provide positive alternatives for those currently battling addictions.
Reaching Youths Abusing Narcotics
- Ryans Cause educates and informs parents, families and communities about the Internet, drug abuse and the ease in which youths can get drugs online.
Recovery Alliance of El Paso
- The Recovery Alliance is an organization of men and women who engage in recovery support services, for and by the recovery community in El Paso, Texas.
Recovery is Everywhere
- Public education and awareness campaign created to fight the stigma of addiction and normalize recovery. Site provides materials for community awareness and events.
Society for the Study of Addiction
- A society of professionals in the field of the addictions that share their knowledge, skills, and friendships.
Southern California Treatment Providers Network
- Networking organization of professionals in the addiction and recovery fields that meets monthly. Addresses topics such as substance abuse, residential treatment, interventions, and current issues. Continuing education units are offered for CAADAC, MFT and LCSW.
Substance Abuse Prevention Services of the Carolinas
- A program of community intervention and science-based educational programs, with a newsletter, and details of services and training.
Substance Abuse Program Administrators' Certification Commission
- The national (U.S.) certifying body for workplace substance abuse program administrators.
Substance Misuse Management in General Practice (SMMGP)
- Substance Misuse Management in General Practice (SMMGP) is a developing network to support GPs and other primary health care team members who work with substance misuse.
The Addiction Counselor Certification Board of Oregon
- Provides certification for substance abuse professionals.
The Association For Addiction Professionals
- Professional membership organization that serves counselors who specialize in addiction treatment.
The Partnership at Drugfree.org
- A drug abuse prevention, intervention, treatment and recovery resource to help parents and caregivers address alcohol and drug abuse with teens and young adults.
The Sober Living Network
- Provides technical assistance, training, and advocacy, and includes a database of recovery houses in California.
The Substance Abuse Program Administrators Association
- Promotes standards in the administration of workplace substance abuse prevention programs through education and training.
U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) - Office of Drug and Alcohol Policy and Compliance
- Office set up to develop policy, provide guidance and offer consultation on drug and alcohol issues within the transportation industry to the Secretary, DOT's Operating Administrations, the transportation industry, and other Federal Executive Agencies.
US Drug Enforcement Agency
- Lead agency for domestic enforcement of federal drug laws, and for coordinating and pursuing U.S. drug investigations abroad. Includes links to programs, major operations, statistics and publications.
Virginia College Parents
- Regional site educates parents about illegal drug use and binge drinking on college campuses.
Wisconsin Association on Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse
- Organization chartered by the State of Wisconsin. Members include counseling professionals, healthcare administrators, service providers, educators and friends and family members of addicted and recovering individuals.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 9:08:57 PM EST -