become an editor
the entire directory
only in Europe/United_Kingdom
Centers and Counseling Services
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Health: Mental Health
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Health: Substance Abuse
Action For Change
- Offers counselling, information and advice for those experiencing difficulties with alcohol or drug misuse, or anyone affected by someone else's substance misuse. Located in Hastings
- Leading UK charity working in the field of drug and alcohol abuse. Offers information, counselling, advice and both residential and day care treatment. Centres throughout England.
Addiction Recovery Agency
- Provides a 24 week structured, second stage rehabilitation programme for people recovering from substance misuse. Includes details of the treatment, costs, selection criteria and contact information. Located in Bristol.
- Three residential centres offering full detox and therapeutic programmes, aftercare and resettlement services for drug and alcohol dependence. Located in Plymouth, England.
- Provides a range of services to help clients overcome their drug or alcohol problem, including counselling, detoxification, and residential rehabilitation. Located in Wales.
- A residential hospital offering a family programme for the treatment of alcoholism and drug addiction. Located in Scotland.
- Offers an information and advice service to people with alcohol and drug related concerns. Based in Guildford Surrey.
Clued Up Drugs
- Offers a support and drug information service for young people under 25. Located in Kirkcaldy.
- Charity established in 1969 offering support and treatment services to those affected by drug use. Includes residential, community and prison services.
- 5 day detoxification programme that uses sedation and pain relief medication to alleviate opiate addiction. Clinics in London and Yorkshire.
- Offers services for women and men with alcohol, drug, and mental health problems.
Escape Family Support
- Offers a confidential service to those affected by drugs, solvents and alcohol in the Northumberland area. Includes overview, FAQ and contact details.
Fife Intensive Rehabilitation & Substance Misuse Team (F.I.R.S.T.)
- Registered charity offering treatment, counselling and rehabilitation for substance misuse. Services include 1 to 1 counselling, group work and volunteer intervention. Satellite centres are located throughout Scotland.
- Residential care home for the counselling and treatment of alcohol addiction. Includes overview, facilities, activities and contact details. Located near Barnstaple, North Devon.
The Hebron Trust
- Self help group based in Norwich. Offers residential care and treatment for women, and their children, with serious drug and alcohol problems. Small and informal with an emphasis on one to one work. Contact details and enquiry form.
Hertfordshire Alcohol Problems Advisory Service
- Independent agency promoting the prevention of alcohol misuse and offering help to those directly or indirectly affected.
Leeds Addiction Unit
- Provides individual packages of care for those experiencing problems with alcohol or drug usage. Includes information and contact details. Located in Leeds.
- Alcohol detoxification in a non-medical environment outside hospital. Anonymity respected and preserved with total confidentiality. No groups; only one client is taken at any one time.
Life for the World
- Provides care, support and training to individuals, families and churches in their struggles against drug and alcohol misuse and dependency.
The Matthew Project
- Provides counselling, advice, information and support services for those with problems relating to drug misuse or alcohol abuse. Based in Norwich.
- Recovery coaching for cocaine addiction. Online self assessment and forum users and addicts contemplating treatment.
- Residential rehabilitation clinics offering holistic therapies for people suffering from drug and alcohol dependency problems. Based in Luton.
- In-patient detox unit providing medicated detoxification from alcohol and all non-essential drugs.
Promis Addiction Rehabilitation Clinics
- Private residential centres. Includes newsletter and information about addictions and treatments, facilities, staff, research, resources and support.
The Providence Projects
- Treating all forms of addiction. Detox clinics in the UK and Spain. Counsellors available for drug and alcohol abuse. Weekly timetable includes acupuncture, spiritual walk, and group.
Rosemary Clough Consultancy
- A private UK practice using intervention to address a range of compusive behaviours and addictive disorders.
- Offers residential alcohol and drug rehabilitation services. Includes details of the treatment programmes and aftercare. Located in Weston-super-Mare, Somerset.
The Stapleford Centre
- Clinic for the treatment of alcohol and drug addiction. Including methadone maintenance, detoxification and naltrexone implants. Based in London with access to clinics in various European cities.
Thought Field Therapy
- UK based Robin and Mary Ellis offer counselling on freedom from fears, phobias, obsessions, addictions and traumas.
Tools For Harm Reduction
- Organisers of the UK National Drug Treatment Conference and National Conference on Injecting Drug Use. Offers information on drugs, harm reduction, and drug treatment.
- Provides support for women concerned about their own or someone else's drinking. Includes information, enquiry form, newsletter and contact details. Based in Wigan.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 26, 2015 at 7:29:04 UTC -