become an editor
the entire directory
only in Alcohol/Resources
AAFP Article: Alcohol Related Problems
- Recognition and intervention information pertaining to alcoholism from the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Alcohol & Drug Abuse
- Straightforward information for alcoholics, drug abusers, and co-dependents. For those in recovery and those not yet there. Free newsletter, articles, stories, images, links, and resources.
Alcohol Abuse and Dependence
- Information for clinicians, patients, and families.
Alcohol and Teen Drinking
- Information and resources for further research.
Alcohol: Problems and Solutions
- Addresses the issues and problems/solutions of various kinds of alcohol abuse and other health issues, especially as relates to young persons.
- Answers frequently asked questions about alcoholism, with links to other pages.
Alcoholism Counseling Service-New York Psychotherapy referrals
- Free referrals to ACS psychotherapists who are trained in the area of substance abuse.
- Provides online self-assessment tools and health-based information to help individuals identify risky drinking patterns or current alcohol problems.
ASREC : Alcohol Facts to Share With Others
- A growing collection of hundreds of facts about alcohol and alcoholism.
Be Responsible About Drinking, Inc.
- Promoting decisions concerning alcohol. Providing information about alcohol poisoning, binge drinking, blood alcohol level meanings. Responsible choices concerning alcohol.
Chronic Effects of Alcohol
- The relationship between consumption and deterioration in brain structure and function is described.
The Disease Concept of Alcoholism
- This collection of articles traces the view of alcoholism as a disease from the fifth century BC to the present. It also includes the opinions of some who disagree. (Articles require Acrobat reader.)
The Drinker's Check-up
- Questions and answers with positive feedback designed to help you evaluate, understand and adjust your drinking (if you choose to).
How Stuff Works: How Alcohol Works
- In-depth impartial graphic tutorial about alcohol examines all the ways in which alcohol affects the human body, including effects on the hypothalamus and pituitary gland, which influence sexual behavior and urinary excretion.
Mayo Clinic: Alcoholism
- Characteristics of alcoholism and links to treatment options.
The Medical Council on Alcoholism
- Charity concerned with the education of the medical and allied professions about the effects of alcohol upon health.
Monkey On My Shoulder
- A recovery guidebook available as a free download for personal use. It explains how to use a twelve step program in a clear manner without religion.
Psychoanalytic Perspectives on the Problematic Use of Alcohol
- An analysis of the misuse of alcohol.
- Non-profit corporation solely dedicated to the service of alcoholism, substance abuse education, and treatment for the alcoholic. It utilizes the twelve steps and AA.
- For those who are active alcoholics, or seeking recovery from alcoholism.
The Slugger's Path
- This recovery path looks like the basepath. It's a new and easily remembered addiction recovery model. It features the "Big 5" values/commitments and five levels of recovery.
Steps by the Big Book
- Freely available group workbook companion to the 12 Steps by the Big Book, Alcoholics Anonymous (AA). For those in recovery from alcohol, drugs or other addictions.
Substance Abuse - Alcoholism
- An exhaustive index of available online resources.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 15, 2014 at 11:35:09 UTC -