become an editor
the entire directory
only in Downloads/Free
Advanced Strategic Command
Games: Video Games: Downloads: Free
This category in other languages:
Attal: Lords of Doom
- Turn-based strategy game for Linux in which you control bases and manage fighting lords.
- Logic game using mines to defeat computer controlled players. Includes client download and instructions with screenshots.
The Battle for Wesnoth
- A turn-based game with a fantasy theme. Includes download, project information, FAQs and manual, screenshots, and a forum. (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows)
- A multi-player clone of the worm(6). Includes, server, client, and bot. Source can be compiled for SGI, Linux, Sun or Gnuwin32.
- Turn-based empire building strategy game for Windows. (Open Source)
- A cross-platform, turn-based, networked strategy game, developed using Python, Pygame and SDL for scenarios set during the American Civil war. [Open Source]
- Turn-based Civilization clone written in Java. (Open Source, GNU GPL)
The Colonization II Project
- Project to create an alternative sequel to the turn-based strategy game Colonization by Sid Meier.
- Describes tactical war game for Linux or FreeBSD in the tradition of Battle Isle. Two players command their units on a map of hexagons, trying to defend important locations to destroy all enemy forces. (Open Source)
Crown and Cutlass
- A 3D pirate game in the spirit of the old Pirates! game.
- Using negotiation and trade, one must resolve a situation involving cultists barricaded in a villa two kilometers away from town. (Windows)
Emperor of the Fading Suns: Hyperion
- A patch by Matt Caspermeyer for the turn-based game. Includes download, documentation, tutorials, and a forum.
- Multiplayer real-time strategy game inspired by Railroad Tycoon and Railroad Tycoon II. Written in both C++ and Java. (Open Source, GNU GPL)
- Single player, 3D, realtime strategy for Windows with up to three computer opponents.
- Turn-based strategy game with some strong RPG elements, based on a game by Julian Gollop. Runs under MS-DOS, Windows and Linux by using an Atari emulator. (Open Source, GNU GPL)
- Create figures out of single marbles. One-way streets, crumbling walls and portals make the task interesting. (Linux)
- Control pizza restaurants, limited to a budget. Includes downloads and news.
- Space strategy game for Windows.
- Turn-based Civilization clone for Palm OS.
- Contains "Santa's Snowy Workshop" available for download. [Windows All]
Scorched Island 3D
- Combines tactics from popular game Scorch and elements from RPG games for DOS or Linux.
- Marble simulation based on the 80's classic "Marble Madness". You steer a marble through obstacles to finish level on Linux or Windows. [Open source, GPL]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 3, 2014 at 13:45:08 UTC -