become an editor
the entire directory
only in Chess/Programming
Computers: Programming: Games
The Anatomy of Chess Programs
- An introduction to how computers play chess.
The Beowulf Chess Engine Homepage
- Beowulf Chess Engine was used in the world-record holding ChessBrain project. The instructive source code for the engine is open and free to download.
Chess Programming Wiki
- The Chess Programming Wiki is a repository of information about programming computers to play chess.
Chess Tree Search
- Chess Tree Search - More useful information regarding chess programming methods.
- Blog that follows the creation of a free chess engine, game downloads, and a C# chess engine starter kit.
Chessopolis: Computer Chess
- Links to programming tutorials and freeware chess engines.
- Computer chess engine tournament called Open War.
Gray Matter Chess Engine
- Gray Matter is a pedagogical chess engine, written in C++, using an MTD(f) move search and rotated BitBoards, and running under XBoard and WinBoard.
Introduction to Chess Programming
- Short and brief introduction to Chess programming, providing basic methods of how computers play chess.
- Computer Chess blog that documents a creation of an open source Java Chess engine.
OnJava.com Article on BitBoards
- Article about bitboards implemented in Java.
The Rebel Chess Program
- Information about the Rebel chess program. Also includes a section on chess programming and theory.
- Popular message board discussing anything and everything relating to Computer Chess Programming. Registration required.
Tim Mann's Chess Pages
- Tim Mann's chess pages, author of XBoard and WinBoard user interfaces.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 22, 2015 at 18:54:06 UTC -