become an editor
the entire directory
only in Chess/Programming
Open Directory - Games: Video Games: Recreation: Board Games: Chess: Programming
Computers: Programming: Games
The Anatomy of Chess Programs
- An introduction to how computers play chess.
The Beowulf Chess Engine Homepage
- Beowulf Chess Engine was used in the world-record holding ChessBrain project. The instructive source code for the engine is open and free to download.
Chess Programming Wiki
- The Chess Programming Wiki is a repository of information about programming computers to play chess.
Chess Tree Search
- Chess Tree Search - More useful information regarding chess programming methods.
- Blog that follows the creation of a free chess engine, game downloads, and a C# chess engine starter kit.
Chessopolis: Computer Chess
- Links to programming tutorials and freeware chess engines.
- Computer chess engine tournament called Open War.
Computer Chess Programming
- Page of chess programming links and documents. Also contains links to other turn-based game programming.
Gray Matter Chess Engine
- Gray Matter is a pedagogical chess engine, written in C++, using an MTD(f) move search and rotated BitBoards, and running under XBoard and WinBoard.
Introduction to Chess Programming
- Short and brief introduction to Chess programming, providing basic methods of how computers play chess.
Linux and chess
- A site dedicated to working and programming chess related software on linux and chess enthusiasts that use linux and computer chess related software. It will provide help and information on configuring and running chess software and computer chess tournaments.
- Computer Chess blog that documents a creation of an open source Java Chess engine.
OnJava.com Article on BitBoards
- Article about bitboards implemented in Java.
The Rebel Chess Program
- Information about the Rebel chess program. Also includes a section on chess programming and theory.
Robert Hyatt's Home Page
- High quality chess programming papers from the inventor of rotated bitboards and the author of Crafty, a popular open source chess engine.
- Popular message board discussing anything and everything relating to Computer Chess Programming. Registration required.
Tim Mann's Chess Pages
- Tim Mann's chess pages, author of XBoard and WinBoard user interfaces.
- Computer chess engine competition, news and download page.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, June 28, 2013 5:54:06 AM EDT -