become an editor
the entire directory
only in Video_Games/History
Open Directory - Games: Video Games: History
Computers: Hardware: Historical
Computers: Hardware: Historical: Retrocomputing
Computers: Software: History
Games: Video Games: Console Platforms: Classic
This category in other languages:
- Old video and arcade games online for free. Pacman, Mario Bros Donkey kong, Space Invaders, and Frogger. Emulators on site.
- A coin-operated game database with more than 29,000 machines featuring pictures and information.
- Classic and modern computer and videogame online publication.
The Armchair Empire
- Find discussion about a number of classic video games from a wide range of games.
A Brief History of Home Video Games
- The history of home video games with essays concerning the industry and its players. Covers the industry until 1996.
Brookhaven 1958 Video Game
- The first video game may have been developed at the Department of Energy's Brookhaven National Laboratory in 1958. William Higinbotham designed Tennis for Two for a laboratory visitors day.
Chronology of Video Game Systems
- Timeline of events tracing the history of video games, including standalone arcade machines, TV games and handheld game machines.
Classic Arcade Gaming
- Classic Arcade Gaming chronicles the history of the golden age of coin-op video gaming including the games, players, contests, and scores.
Classic BASIC Games
- Collection of classic MS BASIC games and a BASIC Interpreter compatible with BASIC circa 1979.
Classic Home Video Games Museum
- Devoted to video games made from 1972 to 1987.
Classic Retro Games
- Directory of quality full versions of freeware retro remakes and ports.
Classic Videogame Station Odyssey
- Japanese videogame history including cartoons.
Computer Gaming World Museum
- Dedicated to the preservation and presentation of the first 100 issues (1981-1992) of Computer Gaming World magazine, the first magazine devoted exclusively to computer games.
- German site on a gaming museum located in Berlin. Offers information on projects and press coverage.
Crates and barrels
- This is about crates and barrels in videogames.
culturalstudies behind the videogame
- The story of the videogames as a cultural media, the analysis of the influence between the videogame, the cinema and the social interaction.
The Dot Eaters: Videogame History 101
- The history of videogames, from arcade, home consoles and computers. Includes pictures and audio files, as well as text covering the history of major machines and games.
- Complete Dragon's Lair and Space Ace games collection, including music, collectibles, video, goodies and books.
- Promotes video games as an art form worthy of respect as a valuable part of culture.
- Huge archive of reviewed abandonware, freeware and shareware games.
- Covering many systems from the Atari 2600 to the PS2.
- Features a discussion forum area. Information about video game systems, video games, controllers and repair.
Great Game Database
- Arcade and video games, technical information and related memorabilia from the classic era through the neoclassic.
Guinness Book Coin-Op High Scores 1986-1997
- Contains the Guinness Book Coin Operated Video Game High Scores and behind the scenes information behind these scores.
- Halcyon days includes interviews with classic computer and video game programmers
Intellivision Classic Videogame Website
- A journey through the classic system Intellivision.
- General arcade and console emulation site.
The Lost Patrol Webshrine
- News items, screenshots, artwork, and press coverage.
- Chronicles all things related to the classic Lucasart's adventure games.
The making of the Camel Trophy Videogame
- A behind-the-scenes story of the making of the "Camel Trophy Video game" for the ZX Spectrum in 1985.
- An online database of the PC entertainment software industry's products from 1982 to present. Includes game descriptions, screenshots, boxcovers, reviews, trivia, links and ratings.
- The history of the two pillars, pong and asteroids, of the home gaming market.
The Old Computer
- Includes forums, a museum, retro shop, magazines, libraries, news, and a hall of fame. Offers emulators and ROMs for most older gaming systems.
Phosphor Dot Fossils
- Classic arcade video game history.
Pong to Pacman
- Contains information on the creators of such great games like pong and pacman. Covers the history of video games from 1975 through the mid eighties.
Retro Games Blog
- A website dedicated to retro and vintage computer games and their influence on modern day computer gaming.
- Covers Atari 5200, 7800, Jaguar, Lynx, ColecoVision, Vectrex, Intellivision, PC-Engine aka Turbo Grafx 16, Super Nintendo (SNES), Sega Game Gear, Mega Drive aka Genesis, SG-1000, Neo Geo and NG.
- Collects information related to video games. Consoles range from the Magnavox Odyssey to the Xbox 360.
- Containing news, screenshots, summaries and details of developers and publishers, plus competitions, charts, trivia, tips, FAQs, and walkthroughs.
The Stairway To Hell
- Archive of software released for the Acorn range of 8-bit home computers. BBC Micro Games, Acorn Electron games, BBC Micro Emulation and BBC Emulators with reviews, scans, music mp3, mags, instructions and documentation.
The Super-Kaga Computer Museum
- Photo gallery of consoles, arcade games and computers. Reviews of movies that feature computers and computer games. Downloadable retro gaming wallpaper.
- A book that illustrates and documents the history, legacy, and visual language of the videogame phenomenon.
- Read, enjoy and contribute accounts of computer, video and online games that were cancelled or otherwise lost, precious, before release.
The Video Game Museum
- An online video game museum with screenshots, scans, music, ads and reviews.
Video Games 101 - Video Games
- Video game system information with a focus on Tomb Raider.
Visionnet - Retrogaming
- Online gaming library of all common consoles, handhelds and homecomputers.
VOGONS - Very Old Games On New Systems
- A forum about how to get older games to run on newer computers.
Zzapback: The Future is Retro
- Information about classic games and computer magazines. Focus on Newsfield title: Zzap!64.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 13, 2013 at 22:01:04 UTC -