become an editor
the entire directory
only in Video_Games/History
Open Directory - Games: Video Games: History
Computers: Hardware: Historical
Computers: Hardware: Historical: Retrocomputing
Computers: Software: History
Games: Video Games: Console Platforms: Classic
This category in other languages:
1980 games - Old online video and arcade games for free
- Old video and arcade games online for free. Pacman, Mario Bros Donkey kong, Space Invaders, and Frogger. Emulators on site.
A Brief History of Home Video Games
- The history of home video games with essays concerning the industry and its players. Covers the industry until 1996.
- A coin-operated game database with more than 29,000 machines featuring pictures and information.
- Classic and modern computer and videogame online publication.
Brookhaven 1958 Video Game
- The first video game may have been developed at the Department of Energy's Brookhaven National Laboratory in 1958. William Higinbotham designed Tennis for Two for a laboratory visitors day.
Chronology of Video Game Systems
- Timeline of events tracing the history of video games, including standalone arcade machines, TV games and handheld game machines.
Classic Arcade Gaming
- Classic Arcade Gaming chronicles the history of the golden age of coin-op video gaming including the games, players, contests, and scores.
Classic BASIC Games
- Collection of classic MS BASIC games and a BASIC Interpreter compatible with BASIC circa 1979.
Classic Home Video Games Museum
- Devoted to video games made from 1972 to 1987.
Classic Retro Games
- Directory of quality full versions of freeware retro remakes and ports.
Classic Videogame Station Odyssey
- Japanese videogame history including cartoons.
Computer Gaming World Museum
- Dedicated to the preservation and presentation of the first 100 issues (1981-1992) of Computer Gaming World magazine, the first magazine devoted exclusively to computer games.
- German site on a gaming museum located in Berlin. Offers information on projects and press coverage.
Crates and barrels
- This is about crates and barrels in videogames.
- Complete Dragon's Lair and Space Ace games collection, including music, collectibles, video, goodies and books.
- Promotes video games as an art form worthy of respect as a valuable part of culture.
- Huge archive of reviewed abandonware, freeware and shareware games.
- Covering many systems from the Atari 2600 to the PS2.
- Features a discussion forum area. Information about video game systems, video games, controllers and repair.
Great Game Database
- Arcade and video games, technical information and related memorabilia from the classic era through the neoclassic.
Guinness Book Coin-Op High Scores 1986-1997
- Contains the Guinness Book Coin Operated Video Game High Scores and behind the scenes information behind these scores.
- Halcyon days includes interviews with classic computer and video game programmers
Intellivision Classic Videogame Website
- A journey through the classic system Intellivision.
- General arcade and console emulation site.
- Chronicles all things related to the classic Lucasart's adventure games.
- An online database of the PC entertainment software industry's products from 1982 to present. Includes game descriptions, screenshots, boxcovers, reviews, trivia, links and ratings.
- The history of the two pillars, pong and asteroids, of the home gaming market.
Phosphor Dot Fossils
- Classic arcade video game history.
Pong to Pacman
- Contains information on the creators of such great games like pong and pacman. Covers the history of video games from 1975 through the mid eighties.
- Collects information related to video games. Consoles range from the Magnavox Odyssey to the Xbox 360.
Retro Games Blog
- A website dedicated to retro and vintage computer games and their influence on modern day computer gaming.
RetroBase.de - Videogame preservation since Feb. 2002
- Covers Atari 5200, 7800, Jaguar, Lynx, ColecoVision, Vectrex, Intellivision, PC-Engine aka Turbo Grafx 16, Super Nintendo (SNES), Sega Game Gear, Mega Drive aka Genesis, SG-1000, Neo Geo and NG.
- Containing news, screenshots, summaries and details of developers and publishers, plus competitions, charts, trivia, tips, FAQs, and walkthroughs.
- A book that illustrates and documents the history, legacy, and visual language of the videogame phenomenon.
The Armchair Empire
- Find discussion about a number of classic video games from a wide range of games.
The Dot Eaters: Videogame History 101
- The history of videogames, from arcade, home consoles and computers. Includes pictures and audio files, as well as text covering the history of major machines and games.
The Lost Patrol Webshrine
- Website zu Ocean Software`s Klassiker von 1990 für Amiga und AtariST.
The Old Computer
- Includes forums, a museum, retro shop, magazines, libraries, news, and a hall of fame. Offers emulators and ROMs for most older gaming systems.
The Stairway To Hell
- Archive of software released for the Acorn range of 8-bit home computers. BBC Micro Games, Acorn Electron games, BBC Micro Emulation and BBC Emulators with reviews, scans, music mp3, mags, instructions and documentation.
The Super-Kaga Computer Museum
- Photo gallery of consoles, arcade games and computers. Reviews of movies that feature computers and computer games. Downloadable retro gaming wallpaper.
The Video Game Museum
- An online video game museum with screenshots, scans, music, ads and reviews.
The making of the Camel Trophy Videogame
- A behind-the-scenes story of the making of the "Camel Trophy Video game" for the ZX Spectrum in 1985.
- Read, enjoy and contribute accounts of computer, video and online games that were cancelled or otherwise lost, precious, before release.
VOGONS - Very Old Games On New Systems
- A forum about how to get older games to run on newer computers.
Video Games 101 - Video Games
- Video game system information with a focus on Tomb Raider.
Visionnet - Retrogaming
- Online gaming library of all common consoles, handhelds and homecomputers.
Zzapback: The Future is Retro
- Information about classic games and computer magazines. Focus on Newsfield title: Zzap!64.
culturalstudies behind the videogame
- The story of the videogames as a cultural media, the analysis of the influence between the videogame, the cinema and the social interaction.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, August 19, 2011 11:45:36 AM EDT -