become an editor
the entire directory
only in Game_Design/Development_Tools_and_Software
Development Tools and Software
Open Directory - Games: Video Games: Game Design: Development Tools and Software
ZZT and MegaZeux
Computers: Programming: Games: Libraries
- Manufactures plugins for 3DS MAX. AfterBurn simulates realistic clouds, smoke, fog and explosions. Enlight fakes radiosity rendering efficiently, exports pre-illuminated light maps, ScatterVL Pro offers numerous enhancements for volume lights.
001 Action / RPG Maker
- A free 2D action RPG development program, which focuses on an easy-to-use design. It features a map editor, ability to create items, characters, vehicles. It also has built-in artificial intelligence.
- A leading innovator and supplier of high end performance semiconductors, software and related technologies for accelerating 3D graphics on the PC.
- Offers game dev tools such as the AMP2 Game Engine and the Normal Mapper tool for 3D Studio Max.
AGen 2D Game Engine
- 2D engine and framework specifically designed for the easy and rapid development of games, game prototypes or other visual applications. The engine runs entirely from Lua script files allowing you to make games with no additional overhead or a compiler
Abyssal Engine and Tools
- Professional game creation tool kit and rendering system for creating quality games and software.
- This program can be used to simplify the implementation of high quality, photo-realistic water surfaces in games and applications with DirectX9 graphics.
- Full line of motion trackers and sensors for virtual reality, entertainment, medical and biomechanical usage. Track humans, peripherals, and medical instruments in real time.
Build Your Own Net Dream (BYOND)
- A multi-player world building utility; allows you to create, host, and connect to text or graphical games, even web apps. Excellent for RPGs. Non-programmers can create worlds in minutes, while seasoned coders may take advantage of the powerful OO language behind the system.
CAST II 3D engine
- Offers free download of an opensource 3D engine for Delphi. The engine has a powerful tool for creating and editing 3D worlds.
Chat Mapper - The Non-Linear Dialog Editor For Games
- Software tool for writing and testing non-linear dialog, especially for video games.
- Creators of The Games Factory and Multimedia Fusion. Used worldwide for video game design and development by new and experienced amateur video game developers.
DarkWynter Games and Visualization
- Flexible 3D utility, which enables artists and technical professionals to rapidly prototype 3D technology using a simple override system. It exposes C# technologies layers ranging from XNA/Forms Integration, to XML-Objects, to GPU-Computational Processing.
DimensioneX Online Multiplayer Game Engine
- Freeware for developing a multiplayer games and run them over any java-enabled web server.
Explorations RPG System
- An independent role playing game engine that features a powerful drag/drop map interface, which makes creating professional looking game maps easy.
Flash Fight Game Engine
- An open source fighting game engine for Adobe Flash. It is based on popular side-scrolling fighting games such as Final Fight, Streets of Rage and Double Dragon
- Create 2D games with little or no programming knowledge. Documentation, downloads, screen shots and forums.
- Allows you to create many types of computer games without the need to write a single line of code.
- Allows you to create sophisticated games for the Mac and iPhone without any programming or scripting. You can edit your games during runtime.
- Developers of Gamebryo Game Engine, a multi-console video game development tool, including full support for the Wii and extended support for DirectX 10.
Games Factory Pack
- Contains Map Maker 3.0 and Sprite Maker 3.5 for download.
- A toolkit for creating interactive virtual world applications - especially, but not restricted to, computer games. The toolkit contains a map editor, an actor editor, a state-of-the-art game engine, libraries of prefabricated objects, and three example games.
- Produces a wide range of products, including 3D Digitizing hardware, the MicroScribe-3D, and force feedback technology and hardware.
- MP Advanced offers Karvonite, an object persistence framework for the .NET platform, including the Compact and XNA frameworks. The API is simple and has a gradual learning curve.
- A text-based gaming environment which gives anyone the ability to create or enjoy independent adventure modules set in any medieval setting.
- A modern polygonal and volume rendering solution for games, as well as industrial and scientific visualization.
- Offers set of demo projects which where made with 3D Game Studio A6 from Conitec; all sources are available. Additionally offers CR Pack and CRED tool - integrated solution to protect your artwork under any edition of 3D Game Studio.
- A free utility for creating flexible 'maps' for 2D and 3D tile based games.
- Worldwide distribution and sales of motion capture tools: Gypsy Motion Capture System, Kaydara Filmbox and Famous faces motion capture software, data gloves and face trackers - mocap.
- Revolutionary platform for fast creation, porting & publishing of mobile games. Allows advanced & non-skilled developers to build original quality games from scratch, without programming, enjoying automated support for popular handsets.
- Provides comprehensive and scalable solutions for managing game content throughout console game development.
- Specializes in tools that provide a simple, flexible and open game platform for easy distribution.
- Producer of a cameraless inertial mocap suit, used for movement science, VR/AR and 3d Animations in films and games.
Official Hamster Republic Role Playing Game Construction Engine
- An easy to use all-in-one editor for creating your own Role Playing Games. (DOS/Windows, VGA graphics)
Okino Computer Graphics, Inc.
- Develops and markets a broad range of 3d rendering, visualization, 3d data translation/conversion and toolkit software: the NuGraf Rendering System, the PolyTrans 3D Data Translator/Converter, and the NuGraf Developer's 3D Toolkit/Library
- GPL licensed 2D engine suitable for real-time tactics/strategy games.
- An easy-to-use game making tool that produces 2D games of any genre. It has a simple, but powerful level editor. It supports animated images, video files, and many audio formats.
- A powerful Windows based 2D/3D game orientated development tool, based upon the easy-to-use Basic programming language.
- A leading manufacturer of electromagnetic 3D measurement systems used for motion tracking and 3D digitization. Offers a full range of products.
Power Render 3D Engine
- Tool that features an object oriented C++ API, Built in console and engine variables, DirectX 9 support, optimized hardware transformation and lighting support, and more.
- Develops and markets 3D modeling and simulation software. In addition, it develops artificial intelligence middleware that is highly scalable for simulation environments.
- Supplies cross-platform networking tools for creating multiplayer online games and contains evaluation versions of the tools for download, resources, and technical support.
Quest Markup Language
- Program for developing choose your own adventures with images, sounds, flags using an XML syntax.
RAD Game Tools
- Developer and publisher of the Bink video codec,the Miles Sound System, and Granny 3D, a toolkit for 3D game making.
- A program for the creation of your own RPG's. The software is free to download.
- An object oriented C++ library that is engineered to help the developer of applications that require a stable and low maintenance middleware solution to networking.
Scrolling Game Development Kit
- Contains a 2D game engine for Win9x and DirectX, screenshots, and games for download as freeware.
- A developer of high-end software for all areas of professional visual content production, including tools for 3D and 2D animation, and for creating, editing and finishing video programs.
- Simple sprite editor and code generator for Z88DK. Runs under MS Window or Linux.
- A console-style RPG engine that allows others to create an RPG similar Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, or Phantasy Star.
- Create your own interactive games, stories, and worlds. Visual programming language makes it easy for anyone to learn.
- Producers of ShiVa, a platform for 3D real time development, allows you to make games such as: first person shooters, platform games, adventure games, massive online multiplayer role-play game "MMO", and more.
The Cycon Online Gaming (COG) Engine
- An Open Source project aimed at simplifying the creation of online video games. Currently, games have a text-based interface, with photo-realistic graphics and a clickable compass for movement.
The Lost Realm of Anoria
- An open source software engine designed to allow creation of a diverse variety of online worlds, ranging from online multiplayer fantasy rpg to online museums.
- A development utility for graphics of tile-based games. It contains a bitmap editor for creating tiles and sprites and a map editor for designing level maps.
- RPG creation system which supports 16 bit color, high resolutions, FLC/AVI playback, MOD/S3M/XM module music playback, .WAV playback, MIDI, HUGE maps, animated characters, and is fully expandable using the VergeC scripting language.
Visual3D.NET Game Engine
- A versatile and high performance engine by Realmware Inc. It is compatible with all .NET languages and supports Iron Python Scripting.
- A wiki dedicated to homebrew on the Nintendo Wii.
- An environment to write multi-player strategy game servers. Only turn based games are covered. It has its own miniOO language. It is free, written in Java and requires JDK 1.2. by Walter Gamba and Marco Becchio.
- Freeware tool for creating games that have a redistributable size of only 64kb or less. The game engine use OpenGL for graphics, and a real time synthesizer for audio. Runs on Windows.
- Discreet's game development and level editor based on the world's best selling 3D modeling, animation and rendering platform, 3ds max.
- A game making program that allows scripting with Python. It features a fast OpenGL graphics engine, 32 bit color, a map editor, support for a large variety of audio and image formats. Sprites and maps can be of any size.
Development Tools and Software
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, March 18, 2011 3:15:16 AM EDT -