become an editor
the entire directory
only in A/Aquaria
Games: Video Games: Computer Platforms: Macintosh
Games: Video Games: Computer Platforms: Windows
Aquaria - Bit Blot
- Official site with trailers, screenshots, fan art, desktop wallpaper, forum, and demonstration.
- Rated 9.0/10. "Its charm and style engrossed me from the opening level and never let go, and I received an experience with lots of substance, challenge, and a little heart thrown in for good measure." (May 16, 2009)
- Rated 5/5. "Stunningly well crafted with a compelling story, beautiful visuals and music, and hours upon hours of action-adventure, Aquaria provides patient gamers with an ocean of depth." (January 16, 2009)
Indie Game Developer's Podcast Interview
- 50 minute audio interview with Alec from Bit Blot games about his journey. (January 29, 2008)
A.V. Club Review
- Rated A-. "Aquaria isn't so much a retro adventure as a fresh take on everything that made the old 2D adventures great." By Chris Dahlen. (January 20, 2008)
The Escapist Interview
- Interview with developers Derek Yu and Alec Holowka about their influences, the original prototype, education, why they became independent developers, and the independent game development process. (January 18, 2008)
- Rated 7/10. "Aquaria's certainly prone to leaving you disorientated, some of its puzzles are quite oblique and it's in no hurry to tell you what to do, and its mechanics lack the inventiveness of a game like Zelda, but then the fact it's two friends coding together over the Internet shouldn't be overlooked when taking note of the fact that they come surprisingly close." (December 18, 2007)
Road to the IGF: Bit Blot's Aquaria
- Gamasutra interviews developers Derek Yu and Alec Holowka about their background, inspirations, expectations, recording challenges, mouse controls, development process, and state of independent game development. (October 23, 2006)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 19, 2015 at 16:35:08 UTC -