become an editor
the entire directory
only in Created_Worlds/Fantasy
Open Directory - Games: Roleplaying: World Building: Created Worlds: Fantasy
Games: Roleplaying: World Building: Fantasy
A History of the Atlantean Empire
- The history of Atlantis and its empire, supposedly discovered in an alternate world. The site contains detailed descriptions of Atlantean geography, society, arts, philosophy, warfare and languages.
- A detailed fantasy town setting in a world caught in an epic struggle between good and evil. Maps, locations, and residents, with D and D 3e statistics.
Agyris - World of the Bell
- A decaying world torn asunder by now-dead gods. Numerous original illustrations, gods and legends, character archetypes, maps, creatures, and newspapers.
- This fantasy world is in an early stage of development. A regional map, an atlas with adventure hooks, and an overview of two countries constitute its only details.
Alina: The Ship Amongst the Stars
- The atlas includes historical, political, and cultural notes for one human and one elven kingdom. Dungeons and Dragons 2e class descriptions detail several priestly orders.
- Unique races, as well as Dungeons and Dragons 3e classes and house rules, complement nation descriptions and historical notes.
- Creatures and magics, maps, tales, and histories make up the world. Updated weekly with new treatises. Includes an original RPG.
- A complete, detailed, low-magic fantasy setting for mature players, DwarvenWorld is free of Tolkien-like and commercial stereotypes. Please note this site's contents must be downloaded as a .zip file
- Setting details include a timeline, region history, pantheon, maps, adventure log, and Dungeons and Dragons 3E prestige classes.
- Details include a geographical and political atlas, histories, deity and priesthood descriptions, cultural notes, and campaign chronicles.
- An alternate version of Earth, divergent since the Second Cataclysm in AD 1,000. Notable are descriptions of Karian culture and language on the eastern continent.
- Humans vie with various exotic races for control of this harsh continent. Content consists of topographical and flavor maps and notes for the kingdom of Gwynneth, species, gods, myths, and magic.
- The Encyclopedia Kemen offers a glimpse into this setting. Included are game rules, atlas entries, and annals of two campaigns.
Land of Trinalia
- Details include organizations, a timeline, elven culture, campaigns, and rules conversions for Advanced Dungeons and Dragons and Fantasy Hero.
- Includes geography, religions, new monsters, d20 system classes, and a modified magic system.
- The home of the Keshyran Campaign, includes a timeline, geography, and racial notes. Also hosts resources dedicated to the art of world building.
- Information about geography, various cultures, characters, pantheons and heraldry.
- Atlas entries, history, legends, religion, and daily life.
- A representation of our middle ages earth with the traditional fantasy elements added in. Geography and history, to a point, are much like our own, but unlike Earth, Terra Viejo feels the influences of more than just humans.
The Silver Lands
- Brief articles cover a broad range of world details. The gods and folk wisdom are unusual contributions.
- Vignettes, short stories, and character profiles tell the story of the World Waterrimmed, with detail provided by a timeline and supplemental maps. No game mechanics, but suitable for just about any fantasy system.
Tékumel: The World of the Petal Throne
- Lands, gods, history, and several new races may be found here.
- Learn about this ancient/medieval campaign through the eyes of one of its player characters. The nation synopses and mythologies are rich with detail and illustrations.
- Home of the Encyclopedia Zammica. Included are a timeline, a map, and alphabetical entries about various world and campaign elements.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, February 20, 2010 5:49:34 PM EST -