become an editor
the entire directory
only in Universal/Free_Systems
Games: Roleplaying: Systems: Free
This category in other languages:
3Muse D6 RPG System
- Free multigenere RPG system. Currently has fantasy and SuperHeroe rules.
- Contains to free games: Alternacy, featuring character-driven skill development; and Mnemonic, a minimal rules, memorizable system designed for portability.
- A free universal RPG by Carter Butts, Karim Nassar, and Brian Rayburn. Approx. 88 pages (HTML, MS Word, Postscript).
- A universal RPG by Chieh Cheng. Approx. 33 pages HTML rules, plus four 10-15 page genre books (fantasy, modern, near-future).
- A small set of rules suitable for running campaigns of independent backgrounds. Open content license, downloadable in PDF format.
DUDE Role-Playing Game
- This diceless universal determination engine is a one-stat, cinematic, freeform RPG, with several sourcebooks.
EGO-Endless Gaming Options
- A simple, universal system, with a stable core rule, a complete foundation, and plenty of room for modifications. Free to all.
- Freeform organic diceless system that puts system mechanics in the hands of the users.
Ex Mortis V 1.0 BRPS
- Ex Mortis base role playing system. Free to the public. Fully functional RPG.
- Works with any time period and genre, includes 16 species, magic and monster systems, and realistic rules all of which are optional.
- Skill- and attribute-based rules designed to fit on one page.
Generic Roleplaying All Purpose Engine
- A free, one page, generic game system.
- Free 32 page PDF version of the GURPS rules. "Covers the essentials of character creation, combat, success rolls, magic, adventuring, and game mastering."
Hexatome: Exploiting the Number of Six
- Light-weight role playing game rule system which emphasizes simplicity as well as the scenario and fluently progressing plots.
- Generic role-playing game. Official site.
- Freely available rules for a multi-genre role-playing game and supplements.
- Series of interlocking games that focus a little more on love (both in the ideal and carnal sense) than those that have proceeded it.
- One page gaming system for super heroes.
- Simple one page gaming system.
- A modular system that is adaptable to many styles of play.
- A versatile multi-genre free RPG by Frank J. Perricone. It is a modular system originally intended for use with Rolemaster's combat system. Over 100 pages, illustrated.
Role Playing System
- Foundations for a game system, reference implementation of that system and resource page to develop game worlds.
- A small system using attribute based dice pools.
- Simple yet powerful roleplaying for all ages.
Simple Rules Engine
- A two page generic skill and attribute based roleplaying engine, focused on characters and stories.
- Simple, Laid-back Universal Game. By Steffan O'Sullivan.
- Features a free, universal roleplaying game system. Also includes supplements for the fantasy and Doctor Who genres.
- Flexible, modular rules built around three gaming precepts.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 24, 2014 at 21:41:38 UTC -