White Wolf re-released the World of Darkness setting in 2005, cancelling its older lines.
The new Vampire game is called "Vampire The Requiem" and has some substantial differences versus the original Masquerade game.
- Fewer clans - some have been dropped, others relegated to bloodlines rather than full clans. The five clans in Requiem are Daeva, Gangrel, Mekhet, Nosferatu, Ventrue. Clan relationships are now secondary to the covenant ones in terms of relationships with other vampires.
- Enhanced importance of covenants, with more in depth coverage. Available covenants are the Carthians, Circle of the Crone, Invictus, Lancea Sanctum, Ordo Dracul and Unaligned (ie no covenant).
- Substantial changes to disciplines, some new ones (often amalgamations of previous ideas), some broken (overpowered) disciplines from the original fixed. Generally they are less helpful in combat that they were.
- Generation concept removed. Now all vampires start off with low 'blood potency' rather than it depending on the power of their 'sire'.
- The Caine creation myth has been dropped. The covenants all have their own beliefs in this area.
Carthian . com
Resource site focused on the Carthian Movement covenant. Including play tips.
Vampire the Requiem: The New Deal
Messageboard based chronicle. Includes guidance on posting format and gaining xp.
Overview of game including coverage of clans, covenants, differences vs Vampire: The Masquerade and links.
Last update:August 7, 2014 at 17:54:10 UTC