become an editor
the entire directory
only in Brain_Teasers/Cryptograms
Open Directory - Games: Puzzles: Brain Teasers: Cryptograms
All-Star Puzzles' Cryptograms
- Daily problems with browser based solver. The author's name is hidden in the cipher alphabet. [Requires Java]
American Cryptogram Association: Crypto Drop Box
- Sample journal issue, links to member homepages, subject-related graphics, subscription information, and resources.
- Daily problems and solutions available with or without interactive browser-based solver.
- Collection with browser-based solver tool. Includes hints. After deciphering the hidden quotation, solvers must derive the author's name from the cipher-quote letter pairs to complete their puzzle task. [Requires Java]
- Functional online cryptogram machine and solver. Has wof and buster extra features.
- Browser based solver. [Requires Flash 6]
Cryptogram Solver Source Code
- Source code archive with several programs to automatically solve puzzles. Also includes "crypo-quote" of the day.
- Ancient Greek mythological themes. Solutions listed separately, along with stories about the mythical characters in the puzzle.
- A new problem every week.
- Puzzles featuring a portrait of a famous person and an encrypted quotation of its source or subject.
Letter Frequency and Word Frequency in the English Language
- Has the statistics for various types of writings(Press, Religious, Scientific), position in the word(first, second, third, last), and digraphs.
OneAcross - Cryptograms
- Solving tool through web browser. Allows entry of a phrase, or selection from "easy, medium, or hard" quotations taken from the Linux fortune collection. Also features the ability to send cryptogram-encoded messages via email.
- Ten problems with solutions taken from famous sayings, adages, and proverbs. By William F. Bultas.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 20, 2013 at 7:05:02 UTC -