become an editor
the entire directory
only in Game_Studies/Personal_Pages
Open Directory - Games: Game Studies: Personal Pages
- University of Bergen. Editor in chief of Gamestudies.org and the originator of cybertext theory. The first chapter of his book, Cybertext, is available, as are a few other early articles.
Adams, Ernest W.
- Game designer and theorist. Archive of columns published in Gamasutra, other articles, list of print publications, pages describing game philosophy.
- (Ln(x))3. The everyday weblog of MUD Scholar Richard Bartle.
- Personal weblog of Terra Nova contributor. Includes links and other resources.
- Articles, links, and weblog chronicling personal search for games and toys, ideas and innovations, people and events that enhance our capacity for having fun.
- Personal site contains articles and writing samples including research on MMORPG economies and "A Rape in Cyberspace."
- Website of Dutch independent game scholar Joris Dormans. His articles on games and related subjects can be found here.
- Gotland University in Sweden and University of Teesside in England. Personal weblog and notes for Ph.D. work on MMORPGs.
- Digital media artist, author, educator, and designer.
- Independent. Weblog, articles, games. Research on political games, simulations, ludology.
Funk, Jeanne B
- University of Toledo. Research on the impact of violence in computer and video games on children. List of publications.
- IT University of Copenhagen. Articles, reviews, thesis, games.
Kennerly , David
- Professional and academic articles, presentation, and interviews game design philosophy, MMORPG design, and game education.
- Brief presentation of his doctoral thesis on videogame history and a few links.
- Researching the construction of story in virtual worlds. Background in hypertext theory. Weblog and publications.
- Phd scholar at the University of Bergen, Norway. Abstract of his doctoral project: Play and Mediation in Computer Games, links to papers.
- Aalborg University. Research on computer games and ludology. Weblog and articles.
- Researches computer game philology, electronic art, and fiction.
- Focuses on the performative and participatory elements of computer game play. Also researches hypertext theory and interactive, streaming video.
- Theorist and author/developer specialising in interactive fiction, often in the crossover between game and literature. Games, fiction, publications and links.
- Volda University College. Weblog. Research on MUDs.
- University of Virginia. Dissertation deals with games and generative art in the context of conflicting design philosophies: hermeneutic and algorithmic. CV, descriptions of dissertation and projects, list of publications.
- Interactive media designer who has also written on games. Papers and descriptions of projects are available.
- Weblog, articles and projects centered around multiplayer games, women and technology, emergence in communities and games and serial and reconfigurable narrative.
- Germany. Weblog, articles, conference calls. Research on computer games and hypertext.
Smith, Jonas Heide
- PhD student at the IT University of Copenhagen. Personal weblog and CV.
- Professional and academic articles, presentations, and links to other resources.
- IT University of Copenhagen. Articles, activities, teaching.
- Weblog. Links to publications and other resources.
- Research is both quantative and qualitative, and is particularly centred on players of EverQuest and other Massive Multi-Player Online Games.
- Game designer, artist, and academic at NYU exploring the theory and practice of game design. Essays, links, teaching.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 10:15:05 AM EST -