become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/FAQs,_Help,_and_Tutorials
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
Scholastic and Lessons
This category in other languages:
- Learn by watching expert chess videos or upload your own video for discussion in the forums.
Farnsworth's Predator at the Chessboard
- A free comprehensive online book detailing hundreds of chess tactics using diagrams and examples.
- A collection of short articles covering strategy and tactics.
50 Chess Games for Beginners
- Interactive chess tutorial for new players including chess openings, notation, grading, links and a free competition.
- Volunteer experts answer your detailed questions about chess strategies and tactics for free.
- Includes move animations detailing the rules of chess, chess related wallpaper, animated games, and puzzles.
- Chess resource for learning to play chess, learning strategies, buying chess products and discussing chess with other chess fans and players.
A Beginner's Garden of Chess Openings
- Illustrated examples of mainline openings.
A Beginners Guide to Chess
- Details how to set up a chess board and briefly introduces each chess piece.
The Bishops Bounty
- Provides categorized details of various links covering chess tactics, strategy and opening theory from numerous sources.
Chess Elo Rating System
- Explanation of the Elo rating system, chess links directory and chess puzzles.
Chess Fans Club
- Blog providing a collection of basic chess tutorials and articles.
Chess Instructions for Beginners
- Provides a tutorial appropriate for those seeking to learn to play chess.
- Features mini-tutorials on how to use computer software and the Internet to improve your chess game.
A Chess Realm
- Free online chess tutorials, chess history and information and news.
- Details the general rules of chess, board setup and basics on how the pieces move.
Chess Tutorial Page
- Offers chess lessons and instructions for beginner and intermediate players.
Chess Visualisation Training
- Free online step-by-step exercises to help increase your chess visualisation.
- Chess lessons and quizzes for kids including a resource center for parents and teachers.
- Free chess software that teaches the rules of chess as you play.
ChessOps - A Basic Guide to Chess Openings
- Interactive study of all major chess openings, variations, gambits and defences, with over 5,500 illustrated positions.
Expert Chess Strategies
- Study chess openings, strategies and tactics. Replay hundreds of chess games or play games online against the computer.
Grandmasters Chess Academy
- Chess training, downloads, skill evaluations and improvement guides, and a wide range of chess software and books.
Internet Chess Page
- Provides information on openings, games and chess trivia.
Learn to Play Chess
- Explains chess rules, piece movements, piece capture, board setup, tactics, openings and endings.
- Step-by-step instructions that teach how to play chess. Explains the board set-up, the pieces, strategy, special moves, and how to win.
The Orang Utan : 1.b4!
- Provides information on the Sokolsky (also known as Polish and Orang-Utan) chess opening. Information on tournaments, CAP data, games, history and even facts on the animal itself.
FAQs and Tutorials
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 13, 2014 at 7:45:08 UTC -