become an editor
the entire directory
only in Usenet/Public_News_Servers
Public News Servers
Open Directory - Computers: Usenet: Public News Servers
Web-based Public Servers
This category in other languages:
Aioe.org Public News server
- A public news server which allows the users to post 25 messages per day from every IP without authentication. This is a text only server.
- A private project providing free access to text-only newsgroups. Registration required.
Datemas Internet News Server
- Provides free access to text newsgroups only. Registration required.
- List of public news servers. Search for servers carrying particular newsgroups. Provides some statistics on listed servers.
- Provides public access to local, Danish, and some international newsgroups, and closed access to Aalborg University campus newsgroups.
- A private project providing free access to text-only newsgroups. SSL encryption and a web gateway based on the open source NewsPortal software, as well as UUCP batches on demand are offered.
Free Usenet News Servers
- Continuously updated database of Usenet servers. Includes ability to search for servers based on newsgroups carried and results can be sorted based on various criteria.
Links and FAQ about Open Nntp Servers
- A document covering various aspects of open news servers, including a list of available ones. Maintained by Sebastien Willemijns.
List of Open NNTP News Servers
- Collection of public servers that may carry newsgroups not supported by a given ISP's server and links to commercial ones. Includes information to decode yEnc attachments.
- Searchable, sorted list of open news servers.
Open News Network
- A network both in the technological and in the social sense. It aims to provide open, non commercial access to text based Usenet.
Permanently Updated List of Interesting News Servers
- List of public servers maintained by Henning Weede, moderator in the German de.* hierarchy.
Specialized Public NNTP News Servers
- A list of company-operated and deliberately open Usenet news servers.
- Provides free access to text newsgroups only. Registration by sending an empty e-mail required.
Usenet alt.free.newsservers -
Public News Servers
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, December 3, 2013 6:24:08 AM EST -