become an editor
the entire directory
only in Usenet/Newsgroup_Creation
Open Directory - Computers: Usenet: Newsgroup Creation
Creating an ALT newsgroup
- A detailed guide to creating alt newsgroups. What to do and, more importantly, what not to do when creating a group.
- In the free.* hierarchy, anyone can set up a new group. Here are simple instructions how to create a new newsgroup in the free.uk.* hierarchy and a list of newsservers which carry the free.uk.* groups.
Guidelines for Group Creation in the UK hierarchy
- Newsgroup creation process within uk.*
How to Create a New Alt Newsgroup
- A very detailed set of step-by-step instructions on how to create an alt.* group. Related links concerning group creation guidelines in other hierarchies and FAQs about moderated groups.
How To Write a Good Newgroup Message for Alt
- Detailed explanations on "newgroup" messages for alt.* groups, the type of control message which creates a newsgroup, and the correct way to write and send them.
news.newusers.questions: Creating New Newsgroups
- Information on how to create newsgroups - guidelines for choosing a hierarchy, as well as notes on newsgroup creation in various hierarchies.
So You Want to Create an Alt Newsgroup
- Guide to creating Usenet groups in the alt.* hierarchy. Creating a successful alt newsgroup depends only on convincing news administrators to carry the newsgroup. Written by David Barr.
The UKVoting Home Pages
- Describes voting procedures related to the uk.* hierarchy.
Usenet alt.config -
Usenet news.groups -
Usenet uk.net.news.config -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, April 8, 2013 2:24:06 PM EDT -