become an editor
the entire directory
only in Usenet/Etiquette
Open Directory - Computers: Usenet: Etiquette
Computers: Internet: Etiquette
A Primer on How to Work with the Usenet Community
- Provides a list of things to remember when posting to Usenet groups.
Dear Emily Postnews
- Satirical questions and answers on how to act on Usenet.
How Not to Look Like an Idiot on Usenet
- A list of 16 rules for basic Usenet postings is provided.
How do I quote correctly in Usenet?
- About attribution, quoting, answering, quotation marks and quoting other resources.
Rules for Posting to Usenet
- Offers an discussion of what, and how, to post to newsgroups.
The Bincancel FAQ
- Explains why one should not post huge binaries to non-binary newsgroups.
The Seven Don'ts of Usenet
- Gives a list of behaviours to be avoided when posting to Usenet groups, as well as links to expand on each item.
Why Ask Questions in Public?
- Briefly explains advantages of asking technical questions in public rather than e-mailing them directly to a group member. Written and placed in the public domain by Russ Allbery.
Why is Bottom-posting better than Top-posting?
- Short lesson by A. Smit and H.W. de Haan explaining how threaded conversations such as found on Usenet are adversely affected by those who "top post" instead of "bottom post" their replies.
Usenet news.admin.net-abuse.usenet -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, December 19, 2008 7:24:20 AM EST -