the entire directory
only in Computers/Usenet
Abuse and Spam
Individual Newsgroup Pages
Public News Servers
Computers: Internet: Protocols: NNTP
Computers: Security: Internet: Privacy: Products and Tools
This category in other languages:
Authoritative Active File
- Maintained by the Big Eight Moderation Team at isc.org. This active file is a complete and current list of newsgroups available. Not limited to the "Big 8" groups only.
AnchorDudes Usenet Newsgroup Server FAQ
- General presentation of binary newsgroups: specific terms, provider comparison with a pricing table, newsgroup listings and a quick review of newsreader software.
- Offers the latest news about Australian ISPs' Usenet services, also includes tutorials on how to get started with programs like Alt.Binz, Newsleecher and Grabit along with a collection of links.
Beginner's Guide to Newsgroup Newsreaders
- Presents newsgroups and newsreaders with a particular focus on binary newsgroups.
- Offers binary newsgroup tutorials covering downloading, posting and use of software tools. Includes messageboard.
- Explains how to use binary newsgroups.
Finding the Appropriate Newsgroup
- Lists of groups listed according to where to post common kinds of posts, where to read about common topics, and so on.
Freedom Knights of Usenet
- Dedicated to free speech, and its implementation on Usenet, an alternative point of view. Information about Usenet sites of Virtue and surviving UDPs.
How to Usenet
- A brief introduction to Usenet, particularly focusing on selecting a server and choosing a newsreader. Also features a collection of useful links.
Internet Software Consortium
- An FTP site with archives of various Usenet related documents. Includes active files, control messages, list of Usenet hierarchies.
Jukka Korpela's Material About Usenet
- Selection of links to material on Usenet. Editorials by Jukka explaining the workings of Usenet and the reasons for certain conventions.
Links to Professor Timo Salmi's FAQ Material
- Timo Salmi has advice on how to participate effectively in Usenet. Topics include: Proper quoting, proper signatures, how to respond to "crackpots", where to put test postings and other important topics.
Mib Software: Usenet Rapid Knowledge Transfer
- Information about Usenet for users and developers.
- Information and reviews on newsgroup access providers and newsreaders along with basic tutorials.
Pi's Smiley List
- A list of smilies used on Usenet.
Slyck's Guide to the Newsgroups
- Tutorials on binary newsgroups : how to download, verify, combine and decode files as well as how to post them. Tutorials on other topics such as IRC and P2P are also available.
- Tim Pierce's New's Hacking page. Includes links to RFC 977, 1036, son-of-1036.
Usenet on Livinginternet.com
- History of Usenet as a whole and of specific hierarchies like alt.*, bitnet and fidonet, old Usenet maps, the way the newsgroups work and how to use them, tips on advanced use, useful links.
- Web-based Usenet tools, including news resources archive, news server search, posting and retrieving of Usenet messages, advertising products, and forgery cancellations. Free.
- Offers reviews of several websites on newsgroups. Includes a forum where users can share ideas and get assistance.
User's Guide to the Changing Usenet
- Explains how RFDs (Requests For Discussion) and CFVs (Call For Votes) can be used to change a Usenet newsgroup. Gives tips on how to stay abreast of changes in newsgroups and how to be an active participant.
- A presentation of Usenet: its history, terms and organization along with technical details and information on binary content.
yEnc - Encoding for Usenet and E-mail
- Homepage of the public domain encoding format widely used in binary newsgroups. A stand alone yEnc decoder is also available for download with its source code.
Usenet news.announce.newusers -
Usenet news.groups -
Usenet news.newusers.questions -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 29, 2015 at 10:52:05 UTC -