become an editor
the entire directory
only in News_and_Media/Articles
News and Media
Computers: Systems: Apple: Macintosh: Advocacy and Evangelism
Computers: Systems: Apple: Macintosh: Rumors
A Convert With a Crush on His Mac - Computerworld
- Douglas Schweitzer celebrates his second (very happy) anniversary as a Macintosh user.
The era of the PC is over: why Apple is beating Microsoft
- How the future of the "OS Wars" is shaping up today.
Hands on: New iMacs' form, function a 'fabulous combo'
- Apple's newest iMac hits the sweet spot in marrying form and function, resulting in a computer that's fast, versatile and looks like it just dropped from the pages of Dwell magazine.
Apple delivered on iPhone promise
- Seattle Times Newspaper article on the iPhone and its marketing. (July 07, 2007)
Gaming with Boot Camp: This changes everything
- If you're curious about game performance running Windows XP on an Intel-based Mac, Peter Cohen can tell you one thing unequivocally: It works really well. (April 06, 2006)
Mac takes bite out of Windows
- Switching and the growing Mac user base. (free registration required) (November 07, 2005)
The Seed of Apple's Innovation
- CEO Steve Jobs says among other practices, it's "saying no to 1,000 things" so as to concentrate on the "really important" creations. (October 12, 2004)
Linux News: But Macs Are Slower, Right?
- Several Mac myths debunked. (September 30, 2004)
Switching to an Apple can be surprisingly smooth
- Short switcher article, focusing on the iBook and operating system. (May 10, 2004)
CNN.com - The Steve Jobs way
- Steve Jobs helped create a Silicon Valley icon and, along the way, garnered a reputation as a charismatic yet mercurial visionary. (April 22, 2004)
Scientists: The Latest Mac Converts
- Photographers? Musicians? No, the latest Mac switchers are rocket scientists. (February 12, 2004)
CNN.com - Apple's core: The Mac turns 20
- Its dedicated users are so passionate they're often described as religious about their love for the machine. (January 23, 2004)
Apple's Panther bares its teeth
- Apple, fed up with playing second string to Windows, has been taking its operating system from strength to strength. (December 14, 2003)
The Guts of a New Machine
- The creation of the iPod, and the mystic of Apple. (November 30, 2003)
Personal Computers- Winner: Apple Power Mac G5
- PCMag names the G5 a winner at the 20th Annual Tech Ex Awards. (November 18, 2003)
ActiveMac: Mac OS 10.3 or Windows XP?
- Comparison of the operating systems by a switcher. (November 02, 2003)
Apple OS X 10.3 review by PC Magazine
- Apple has been prowling around with 150 new improvements to emerge in Mac OS X 10.3. (October 31, 2003)
Confessions of the World's Largest Switcher
- After encountering roadblocks from Dell and IBM, Dr. Srinidhi Varadarajan went to Apple, and 24 hours later, had a commitment to deliver the G5's he'd need to build a Supercomputer. (October 29, 2003)
Why Apple is So Tempting
- Article from Wired describing the allure of the Macintosh. (September 01, 2003)
Single Mac Keeps Company Running
- Article describing how the blaster worm virus shut down their company for a day, with the exception of a single employee who persisted in his desire to own an Apple at work. (August 13, 2003)
Lost in Space
- When Jay Chiat announced that he was going to take away his employees' cubicles and desks, equip them all with portable phones and PowerBooks, and turn them into wandering advertising nomads, the story captured the imagination of deskbound drones everywhere (Wired). (February 01, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 28, 2015 at 3:03:22 UTC -