become an editor
the entire directory
only in Speech_Technology/Research
Open Directory - Computers: Speech Technology: Research
Cassette of Phonetic Sounds
- For speech researchers interested in a standard for phonetic sounds. From University College of London.
Centre for Speech Technology Research
- A multidisciplinary research centre that undertakes application-oriented speech research mainly in the areas of speech recognition and synthesis. Has implemented useful software, like the Festival speech synthesis system. Interested in collaborating with outside academic or industrial partners.
- Research focused on speech enhancement, speech concealment, voice biometric, speech recognition, and speech synthesis.
Haskins Laboratory at Yale University
- Concentrates on speech synthesis, speech perception.
IHear Machine Hearing Research
- Services, products and information to enable hearing in machines. Includes some demos and details of models of complex sound pattern recognition.
International Phonetic Association
- Provides the academic community world-wide with a notational standard for the phonetic representation of all languages: the International Phonetic Alphabet.
The Johns Hopkins Center for Language and Speech Processing (CLSP)
- A university research program whose areas of research include language modeling, natural language processing, neural auditory processing, acoustic processing, optimality theory, and language acquisition. Information about its research, courses, seminars and research workshops.
Liberated Learning Project
- Technology which automatically transcribes spoken language and displays it as readable text. Developing speech recognition technology as a means to accessible and barrier-free learning.
LIMSI Spoken Language Processing Group
- Main activities of the spoken language processing group cover the following domains: speech recognition, speech understanding, dialog systems, speaker and language recognition, speech translation and audio indexation.
Microsoft Speech Technology Group
- Engages in research and development of speech technologies in a wide range of applications, including speech recognition (Whisper) and speech synthesis (Whistler) and Dr. Who.
MIT Spoken Language Systems Group
- Research initiatives for improving the interaction between people and computers via natural spoken language. Publications, news and events, and profiles of researchers.
National Center for Sign Language and Gesture Resources
- Boston University resource for experimantal and analyzed data (especially from native signers of ASL) to facilitate linguistic and computational research on signed languages and the gestural components of spoken languages.
- "Negotiating through SPOken Language in E-commerce" project aims at contributing to the promotion of economic growth in the e-commerce and e-service area by improving speech to speech translation systems. Italian based research project has European and American participants.
- European research consortium investigating multisensorial interaction. Two year project examining technologies for speech-to-speech translation, the detection and expressions of emotional states, and core speech technologies for children begins Oct 2002.
- Conducts research in the areas of speaker recognition (identification and verification), signature verification, speech recognition and handwriting recognition. Recognition engines and applications are currently being developed.
Research Paper on Rich Transcription
- Rich Transcription of speech, speech and speaker recognition, naturallanguage processing
Speech at Carnegie Mellon University
- Dedicated to speech technology research, development, and deployment. Offers open source speech software, speech and language projects, publications, and resources.
Speech Group ESAT/KULeuven Belgium
- Site of the Leuven research group on speech technology (speech recognition, speech coding, and speech modification).
Speech Module of an AI Mind
- A design for the speech recognition portion of a robot. Source code and theory.
Speech Processing and Signal Analysis Group FEL CTU
- Czech Technical University research focusing on enhancement of speech in the running car environment, speech recognition and to creating of databases of natural language. Demo available for doing spectral subtraction on your own data.
Speech Recognition Group, Univ. of Cambridge
- The Speech Recognition Group is part of the Machine Intelligence Lab at the University of Cambridge. Its primary area of research is large vocabulary speech transcription. Its research interests also include spoken dialogue systems, multimedia document retrieval, speech synthesis and machine learning.
Speech Structure Recognition
- Speech recognition based on inner structure. Pattern recognition method to estimate which the inner structure of the spoken phoneme.
Speech synthesis and prosody papers
- Webpages of Dimitris Spiliotopoulos. Research in speech synthesis, intonation, prosody, natural language, talking robots.
Speed of Sound, Inc.
- Performs speech data collection and transcription in order to assist vendors and researchers in the training and evaluation of speech-recognition systems.
STTS - Speech Technology Services
- Offers development of technology for speech synthesis, speech recognition and lexica. Based in Stockholm.
Univ. Of Pennsylvania Speech Resource
- Linguistic Data Consortium - an open consortium of labs, companies and universities. It creates, collects and distributes speech and text databases, lexicons, and other resources for speech research and development purposes. Founded by ARPA 1992.
University of Sheffield Speech and Hearing Research Group
- Researches computational modeling of auditory and speech perception in humans and machines, robustness in speech recognition, and large vocabulary speech recognition systems and their applications.
- Speech recognition and synthesis based research activities and research papers. Particular focus on neural speech modeling, speech recognition and synthesis in virtual reality agents and virtual reality dramas.
WASPAA'97 Home page
- IEEE 1997 Workshop on Applications of Signal Processing to Audio and Acoustics.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 6, 2013 at 10:24:10 UTC -