become an editor
the entire directory
only in Software/Word_Processors
Comparison and Review
Arts: Writers Resources: Software: Spelling and Grammar
Business: Business Services: Office Services: General Transcription and Word Processing
Computers: Data Formats: Document
Computers: Desktop Publishing
Computers: Software: Editors
Computers: Software: Office Suites
Computers: Software: Typesetting
This category in other languages:
- An open source (freeware) word processing program.
- Virtu Software offers this fully configurable tool that provides insertion of accented letters, Spanish and French punctuation; also Greek letters, wingdings, and math symbols are provided.
- Features WYSIWYG editing, encryption, multiple user settings, and a wide variety of directories for spell-checking.
- Windows or DOS program with text extractor, bit editor, search, and multi-level undo.
- Complete handbook compiler for writing, arranging and producing handbooks or other structured documentation. Features include output to Rich Text Format and Basic HTML, built in thesaurus, graphics and object scaling and automatic updates via the Internet.
- Made by Guilford Publications to format text to APA style guidelines.
- Freeware tool for extensible, structured and WYSIWYG technical documents. Can also be used as an interface to computer algebra systems.
- Create and edit web-based documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. Store documents online and access them from any computer.
- Features include RTF and DOC support, OLE support, tabbed document access, spell check, page breaks, print preview, clipboard history, online reference bar.
- Meant for typing in English along with Indian languages, such as DevNagri Script with a planned Gujrati version.
- Developers of academic writing and research tools, such as Scholar's Workstation, Nota Bene, Ibidem, Orbis, Ibid, and Lingua Workstation; Site provides online brochure, support, downloads, pricing and FAQs.
- Freeware word processor. It has features specifically designed for writers of novels, short stories, articles, poetry, plays and screenplays.
SpeedType Transcription Software
- A Windows-based text storage and transfer utility designed to work concurrently with other applications.
- Creates Arabic-English and Urdu-English documents for Windows platforms. Also, developers of Arabic Edit and Urdu Edit ActiveX controls.
- Online store for small businesses that provides Microsoft Office templates and HTML email software.
- Makers of Global Writer, a multilingual tool and Global Office, an add-on to Microsoft Office to allow multiple language typing.
- Allows writing of Russian and English. Features Cyrillic fonts, history and keyboard layouts.
- Allows users to create the same pieces of text over and over again.
- A shareware notepad that will organize notes and ideas with hypertext links and multiple window editing, features printable notes with table of contents. [Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000]
- Developer of Yeah Write!, a shareware text creator that uses a fill-in-the-blanks approach. [Win95/98/Me/NT/2000]
Word Processors: Stupid and Inefficient
- Mainly a polemic in favor of TeX over word processors, but also providing a general idea of how traditional (non-desktop) publishing works and what professionals value (or dislike) in a publishing data format.
- Features include WYSIWYG editing and customizable tool bar. Site provides slide show tour, product comparison table and updates.
WordStar Resource Site
- Featuring WordStar updates, bug fixes, file format converters and other utilities, plus other tips and tricks. Also includes instructions for running WordStar for DOS within Windows and downloadable WordStar command emulators for Microsoft Word. WordStar discussion forums.
- Designed for colleges and universities. Site provides online support, numerous downloads and additional information.
- Create sections in the lefthand frame, enter the text in the full-size page area on the right. Navigate through large documents by inserting named bookmarks via the utilities menu.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 3, 2014 at 15:05:04 UTC -