become an editor
the entire directory
only in Software_Engineering/Articles
Classic Mistakes Enumerated
- Description of 36 ineffective development practices: people-related, process-related, product-related, technology-related. (Sample chapter from Steve McConnell's book Rapid Development.)
High-Pressure Steam Engines and Computer Software
- Software safety. Parallels between the early development of high-pressure steam engines and software engineering that we can apply to the use of computers in complex systems. [PDF]
Medical Devices: The Therac-25
- Case study of a well known software error. [PDF]
Nine Steps to Delivering Defect-Free Software
- By a software developer and consultant with over 30 years experience.
On the Criteria To Be Used in Decomposing Systems into Modules
- One of the classic articles leading to modern software engineering, by D.L. Parnas.
- Characteristics of software developers - personality type, demographics, age, education, attitudes.
Seven Principles Of Software Development
- Emphasizes "soft" issues - attitude, approach.
Sure It Works, But Is It Beautiful: The Relationship Between Software Aesthetics and Quality
- Some aspects of the relationship between quality and aesthetics (beauty) in software, using architecture analogies.
Survival Crib Notes: NASA's Success Checklist
- 9 Dos and 8 Don'ts for software project success, from NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center. (Sample chapter from Steve McConnell's book Software Project Survival Guide.)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 15, 2014 at 9:45:05 UTC -