become an editor
the entire directory
only in DOS/Software
Open Directory - Computers: Software: Operating Systems: x86: DOS: Software
- A hobbyist project that provides various open source programs for 80x86-based computers running DOS-compatible operating systems.
- An open source mouse driver for DOS. It's completely written in assembly for speed and small memory footprint. (Included with FreeDOS; works with others.)
- A replacement for COMMAND.COM designed to make DOS faster and easier to use.
DOS Driver Page
- Collection of drivers and utility software to help with running DOS and DOS applications on modern hardware. Includes several sound card and video drivers.
- An Open Source GUI and multitasking system for DOS. Will run on 8086 and takes up very little memory.
- Filename completion for DOS, Windows 95/98/Me. At the command line prompt, type the first few letters of a filename, then hit Tab; FileC fills in the rest of the name.
Flashback to Command Prompt
- Links to batch files and utilities to take advantage of 4DOS and Take Command.
- Small hexadecimal editor with turbo vision style interface, which is consistent on all platforms. DOS version listed under the "old" downloads section.
Interesting DOS programs
- A collection of links to mostly freeware DOS programs. Includes sound, graphics, screen savers, utilities, programming tools, and DOS alternatives.
- A set of programs that allow ISA Plug-And-Play devices to be configured on a DOS (and Linux) machine. Suitable for all systems which contain ISA bus Plug-and-Play cards, whether or not they include a PnP BIOS.
JHB: My Programs
- DOS programs written by J.H. Bass: ASCII reference table, Browser to search for and uncompress Zip files, electronic calendar, electronic piano, math tutor, games: Hangman, Ludo, Rescue, Five in a Row.
- A utility to sort Windows' long filenames on a disk.
Nansi and NNansi
- Enhanced versions of ANSI.SYS. Purported to be faster than ANSI.SYS and includes extra features.
PCOS Development HQ
- Presents this open source project whose goal is to release a shell (command.com replacement) for any flavor of DOS.
- A DOS GUI similar to GEM, OS/2, and Windows. Designed for DOS programmers and users alike. If you do much programming for DOS, this GUI makes it easier for you.
Usenet comp.os.msdos.4dos -
Usenet comp.os.msdos.apps -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, March 10, 2013 5:15:29 PM EDT -