become an editor
the entire directory
only in Unix/Win32
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows
Unix for WINdows
- U/WIN is software that lets Unix programs be recompiled and run on Win32 systems: Windows 95-98-Me/NT-2000-XP. Descriptions, documents, downloads.
- Linux-like environment for Windows making it possible to port software running on POSIX systems (such as Linux, BSD, and Unix systems) to Windows. News, documentation and software downloads.
- DOS port of the GNU C/C++ compiler and tools; 32 bit, highly optimizing, up-to-date, and free (GPLed).
- The project provides Win32-versions, native ports, of GNU tools or tools with a similar open source licence. Does not include compilers. Docs, downloads and links to related sites.
- A lightweight alternative to Cygwin.
Hamilton C Shell
- Recreates original Unix C shell and utilities fully from scratch, adds many enhancements, for Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP, OS/2.
MinGW: Minimalist GNU for Windows
- Compiler system uses GCC to produce Windows programs. Win32 ports of GCC, GDB, binutils to build native Win32 programs that rely on no 3rd party DLLs. Website also contains MSYS, a Minimal SYStem, a shell, with which a configure script could be executed.
MKS Unix-Windows Co-Existence Products
- Toolkit suite of Unix and NT utilities for Windows, X Windows display environment, NutCracker development, interoperability, runtime environment.
Porting Unix to Windows NT
- By David G. Korn;, 1997, USENIX paper (abstract, full text requires membership) describes AT&T UWIN project.
PW32 the POSIX-over-Win32 layer
- Implementation and subset of POSIX/Unix API for Win32 systems. Focus: efficiency, full platform coverage, with good support for low-end Win9x systems. Based on DJGPP runtime library by DJ Delorie. [Open Source, LGPL]
- Native Win32 ports of some GNU utilities. Does not include compilers.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 8, 2016 at 10:39:48 UTC -