become an editor
the entire directory
only in Unix/Software
X Window System
Computers: Software: Networking
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix: Products
This category in other languages:
- Collection of Unix freeware. Some trivial, some massive.
April System Design
- Offering commercial software focused on PC-to-UNIX connectivity.
Common UNIX Printing Solution (CUPS)
- A portable printing layer for UNIX.
- Unix timestamp converter tools. With programming routines and examples.
GMT - The Generic Mapping Tools
- A free, open source collection of 60 UNIX tools used to manipulate (x,y) and (x,y,z) data sets and produce Encapsulated PostScript File illustrations ranging from x-y plots through 3-D perspective views.
GNU Operating System
- Official site of the project to develop a complete Unix-like operating system comprising free software. Includes project history and philosophy, licenses, downloads, and details of how to get involved.
Internet Systems Consortium
- Provides BIND, DHCP, AFTR and other software.
- User friendly backup package for UNIX.
- System backup software and data management for network servers.
- Pager program for Unix, better than "more".
LPRng Print Spooler
- The LPRng software is an enhanced implementation of the Berkeley LPR print spooler functionality. It is compatible with other print spoolers and network printers that use the LPR interface and meet RFC1179 requirements.
- A collection of utilities to access MS-DOS disks from Unix without mounting them. Supports Win'95 style long file names, OS/2 Xdf disks and 2m disks. With source code.
- A simple daemon that monitors and limits usage of ttys. It is implemented in Python. A simple config file can specify monthly, daily, session, and idle limits based on tty, user, group, and ttys in use.
Squid Internet Object Cache
- Full-featured web proxy cache designed to run on Unix systems, free open-source software.
- Unix system spooler for commercial applications, programming tools for client/server development, Java applets and system programming.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 9, 2013 at 20:42:30 UTC -