become an editor
the entire directory
only in Unix/Shell
Computers: Internet: Access Providers: Unix Shell Providers
Computers: Programming: Languages: Interpreted
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix: Software
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: x86: DOS: Programming: Languages: Batch
This category in other languages:
- Plain-text FAQ with newsgroup links.
- Windows ports of many of the popular GNU software tools, including the BASH and tcsh shells.
The Es Shell
- A highly programmable shell inspired by the rc shell and scheme. Mailing list archives and source code.
Fake User SHell Interface (FUSHI)
- A program which helps the user to learn the basics of Linux quickly. It keeps the user in a safe environment and allows him to learn effectively.
File Permissions Ninja
- Online tool to convert different types of Unix file permissions.
- A Unix environment for the VMS operating system, including a port of the bash shell.
- A platform for embedding Unix shell commands and complete shell scripts into a webpage.
Jsh Development Home
- Development page for jsh, an OS independent shell with native Java support. Links to download source and binaries.
- Jsh advocacy page; hosts documentation, binaries and source for jsh, an OS independent shell with native Java support.
- Unix-like command line interface for the Macintosh, modeled on csh.
- Ksh and Csh for Win32 environments, as well as a full development environment.
New Adventure Shell
- Script written in ksh/bash/zsh which causes the user's shell to act like a text adventure game.
Psh Development Home
- Development page for psh, a native Perl shell for Windows 95/98/2000 and POSIX operating systems. Documentation and mailing list archives available online, with source and binaries available for download.
Rc, the Plan 9 Shell
- A paper by Tom Duff describing the rc shell for Plan 9 from Bell Labs and contrasting it to Unix's Bourne Shell.
- Scheme Shell, broad-spectrum system programming environment for Unix, embedded in R5RS Scheme 48. Supports concurrent system programming, sophisticated I/O and automatic garbage collection for process resources.
- Manual page for the original Unix First Edition shell.
- A high-level examination of the Unix shell.
Softpanorama Open Source University
- Open content tutorials and other information on bash, ksh, and zsh.
V6 Thompson Shell Port
- Sources, documentation and a blog for a port of the original Unix 6th Edition to modern Unix systems, with some backwards compatible enhancements and new utilities.
- An emulator of OpenVMS's Digital Command Language for Windows and UNIX
Usenet comp.unix.shell -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 29, 2014 at 2:40:12 UTC -