become an editor
the entire directory
only in Security/Admin_Tools-Software
Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix: Administration
The Coroner's Toolkit (TCT)
- The Coroner's Toolkit (TCT) provides post-break-in data collection that could be useful in determining what happened. Less polished that the authors (Dan Farmer and Wietse Venema) usual work, the toolkit offers a patch-work of tools that help exhume interesting stuff from violated systems. Should be installed and examined before a break-in happens!
GNU Privacy Guard
- OpenPGP (RFC2440) implementation from the GNU project. Encrypts/decrypts/signs/digests files using strong cryptography. FAQ, downloads, documentation.
LBNL's Network Research Group
- Tools such as tcpdump and traceroute.
- Allows improved monitoring and alerting based on the contents of system logs.
- lsof is a tool for examining I/O channels open on your Unix system. These can include files, FIFOs and network sockets. This information can be extremely useful for security and a variety of other purposes. Works on most Unix-like systems.
- Unix system and security auditing tool.
- A replacement for the Unix crypt, using several block algorithms in several modes like cbc, and cfb.
NMAP Network Scanner
- Efficient stealth port scanner. Downloads, e-mail lists, news.
North American Cryptography Archives
- Strong cryptographic software, libraries, and information about cryptography, data security, and privacy.
OpenSSH - Portable Distribution
- Open source implementation of SSH1 and SSH2 protocols. Ported from OpenBSD by the OpenSSH portability team.
- The OpenSSL Project is a collaborative effort to develop a robust, commercial-grade, fully featured, and Open Source toolkit implementing the Secure Sockets Layer and Transport Layer Security protocols with full-strength cryptography world-wide.
- Daemon implementing IDENT protocol, it can be used to identify the user who initiated a TCP/IP connection
Postfix Mail Transfer Agent
- Drop-in Sendmail replacement by Wietse Venema. Offers several features that make it difficult to crack.
- Secure4Privilege is a tool for complete access control to commands and scripts without giving out the root password.
- (Security Administrator's Integrated Network Tool) Scans systems and networks and reports potential vulnerabilities.
- Run selected commands as root, with the users' own password. Allows the administrator to grant limited root privileges to a subset of users, without giving out the root password.
The SUS Home Page
- SUS is a utility to allow a user (typically a system administrator) to run a single command as the super user.
- Offers IT security and regulatory compliance solutions through incident detection and continuous monitoring.
Tripwire Open Source
- Open source version of the original Unix file integrity scanner. Calculates and stores signatures of file permissions, ownership and contents. Scans the same files later, detecting changes. This open source version is targeted at Linux systems.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 23, 2014 at 2:24:08 UTC -