become an editor
the entire directory
only in Boycott,_Lawsuits/Stock
Basic Chart for SCO Group, Inc.
- Graph of stock price and volume; since SCO sued IBM, stock price has varied greatly, was rising, now falling. Yahoo Finance.
Certificate of Designation, Preferences and Rights of Series A Convertible Preferred Stock of The SCO Group, Inc.
- Full document, agreement said to involve minority investor BayStar Capital ($20 million), and majority investor Royal Bank of Canada ($30 million). [US Security and Exchange Commission, SEC]
Form S-3 Registration Statement
- New S-3 filed as part of BayStar deal, allows for converting BayStar preferred stock to regular stock, so SCO had to register another 3.85 million shares for sale. [US Security and Exchange Commission, SEC]
The Mouse That Roared
- New regulations made it harder for small-cap companies to get noticed; this is not the case for SCO. The big question is will SCO investors survive this dispute? [Motley Fool.com] (December 09, 2003)
SCO Group Hit by Double Whammy
- Shares of firm fell sharply after it lost court motion asking IBM for source code, court also ruled SCO must provide code relevant to case to IBM in 30 days; SCO postponed earnings report. [TheStreet.com] (December 08, 2003)
IBM's Days in Court
- Tiny SCO Group opts to take its Linux business to court. While meant to serve justice, lawsuits can be effective business tools; making publicity, distracting and getting cash in settlement from competitors. [Motley Fool.com] (November 14, 2003)
Editor's Note: A Few Questions for SCO From a Hypothetical Investor
- SCO got $50 million in private investment this week; good for them, maybe not so good for investors. Potential investors in SCOX stock should ask SCO some fairly harsh questions. Forum comments. [Linux Today] (October 17, 2003)
SCO Building up a War Chest
- Ability to build cash war chest too compelling to pass up, so SCO agreed to $50 million investment deal, announced yesterday, with investment fund BayStar Capital. CEO Darl McBride pleased with transaction. [eWeek] (October 17, 2003)
SCO Gets $50 Million Investment
- SCO, firm embroiled in legal actions with Linux and Unix, announces $50 million investment by BayStar Capital, a reversal of plans it stated in May; will use funds for software development, legal and licensing costs. [CNET News.com] (October 16, 2003)
SCO Wins $50 Million Investment
- Received large cash boost in private investment deal led by investment fund BayStar Capital, structured as private placement of non-voting Series A Convertible Preferred Shares, at fixed conversion price $16.93/share. [eWeek] (October 16, 2003)
Visions of Ka-ching Dance in Their Heads
- Analysis of why investors are raising SCO stock price, based on two documents from Renaissance Ventures, LLC, venture capital firm. Links and quotes source documents. Many forum comments. Print-friendly version too. [Groklaw] (September 23, 2003)
SCO Insider Trades
- List of all such stock trades since 2002 that author could find, sorted by publishing date, compiled from SEC public records, about $1,375,654 in sales since March 2003. [Groklaw] (August 12, 2003)
SCO Execs Cash in on Suit Spotlight
- Link to story, useful forum comments, on ZDNet finally looking at SCO stock insider trading. [LWN: Linux Weekly News] (July 29, 2003)
SCO Insider Trading Watch
- SCO executives keep slowly cashing in their stock to benefit from its current, inflated price; total 93,000 shares sold since suit filing, net $782,000 earnings. Table with links. Forum comments. [LWN: Linux Weekly News] (July 17, 2003)
Who is Selling SCO Stock?
- Two outside stockholders, John R. Wall, Morgan Keegan and Co., decided to dump 1 million shares they held. SCO executed full registration process, at its expense, to facilitate this, yet proceeds go to sellers. Forum comments. [LWN: Linux Weekly News] (June 12, 2003)
SCO Roars as Shares Soar
- In heavy trading, SCO shares rose about 30 percent as firm defends what it sees as unauthorized illegal use of its Unix code by customers, Linux users, vendors, open source community. [eWeek] (June 05, 2003)
Renaissance Research Group: The SCO Group, Inc.
- Report titled: Handicapping the SCO-vs.-IBM Lawsuit. Seeks to reinforce conclusions of strong buy recommendation. Suggests in part why SCO stock has risen during the lawsuit period. [Renaissance Research Group] [PDF] (April 21, 2003)
Renaissance Research Group: The SCO Group, Inc.
- Strong buy recommendation from Renaissance Ventures, LLC. Suggests in part why SCO stock has risen during the lawsuit period. [Renaissance Research Group] [PDF] (March 06, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 15, 2015 at 12:33:55 UTC -