become an editor
the entire directory
only in Boycott,_Lawsuits/Risks
Gartner: SCO's Legal Fees Could Jeopardize Its Software Business
- Recent moves compromise SCO mission as software firm; place law firm in position of growing power to set agenda for SCO compensation. Summary with forum comments. [LWN: Linux Weekly News] (November 20, 2003)
SCO Admits: Linux Jihad is Destroying Our Business
- SEC filing shows: SCO has already lost business from its loyal customer base; expects to lose more. [The Register] (November 18, 2003)
SCO NDA Offers Little Information, Much Risk
- Full text of long non-disclosure agreement SCO asks independent experts to sign, interview with lawyer Dan Ravicher identifies 3 key problems, forum comments. No one in kernel development or planning to contribute to free software projects should sign it. [Linux Journal] (June 04, 2003)
Is SCO NDA Sideshow Setting a Trap for Analysts and Linux Developers?
- SCO refuses to show alleged tainted Linux code publicly. To avoid doing so, they offer look at code via oppressive NDA stating what witnesses can reveal to public. But SCO may have no Unix copyrights or patents. [MozillaQuest] (June 03, 2003)
How the SCO Lawsuit Will Affect Linux Adoption
- Depending on how IBM responds, its Linux strategy, and the fate of whole Linux movement, may hang in the balance. Unix history; forum comments. [TechRepublic] (April 15, 2003)
SCO Warns of IBM Lawsuit Risks
- It says its $1 billion lawsuit will be costly and may have unintended effects that may harm their business: legal fees may rise greatly, revenue from joint ventures with IBM and partners may fall, IBM may have customers shun SCO products. [CNET News.com] (March 31, 2003)
Unix's War on Linux
- By Charles Cooper. The deeply flawed lawsuit filed against IBM by SCO is a stalking-horse for a deeper struggle between proprietary and open-source software. [CNET News.com] (March 28, 2003)
ESR: This is a Strike at the Heart of Our Community
- Anti-SCO alarum and editorial by Open Source advocate Eric S. Raymond, with many forum comments. [Linux Today] (March 07, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 27, 2013 at 10:22:40 UTC -